Flash links in forum

scarecroe

Reaction score
I notice that for each Flash link in the forum (user cp, register, calendar, etc..) there's a hairline of a few pixels just below each one where the hot spot instead goes to the button directly above it. It seems that the hot spot for the forum buttons could be expanded as I'm sure I'm not the only one who gets the wrong result every few clicks or so.

While I'm at it, a "View New Posts" button would be swell right in the center between "calendar" and "members."

Luke

Reaction score
Originally posted by scarecroe
While I'm at it, a "View New Posts" button would be swell right in the center between "calendar" and "members."
I've mentioned that before and agree completely - a view new posts on every page is a neccesity.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
We are working on an entirely different menu concept for this page. Sketches were made last summer and it's just taking some time to get it up. We want to get this area just right because it will be the most visible.

The current menu is a temporary band-aid solution to give Muppet Central a uniform look. Think of it as a place-holder for the time being. We are working on many projects at the moment and this is one of the high priority projects.

The View New Posts button can be seen on most pages, just not the main page. Your comments on including it in the header are noted.

We are aware of the extra pixel rollover issue. It will be corrected in the next version. The yellow links have a white rollover property when the user hits the right area. Knowing this, it's quite difficult to click outside of the link.

Thank you for your feedback. It is crucial that we hear all views about Muppet Central so we can make it more user friendly.

Luke

Reaction score
Originally posted by frogboy4
The View New Posts button can be seen on most pages, just not the main page. Your comments on including it in the header are noted.
It's on the main page, and not on any of the other pages. Unless you mean something else - it's more of a text link than a button.

scarecroe

Reaction score
Originally posted by frogboy4
The View New Posts button can be seen on most pages
Actually, the only page I've been able to find it on is the main page... and I've looked for it.

Glad to see attention is being paid to member suggestions :smile:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
It is really helpful to me to see what everyone likes and why. That was part of the reason for the menu vote. In the new year I hope to see more "Ode To" type contests and other outlets/opportunities for members to contribute to the site. It's not all about graphics and menus. (That's just the part I work on.) However, I would like to see some fan illustrations just like we have fan fiction. There are more ideas in the works. We really do read and discuss many of the suggestions on the board. Even the far-fetched ones. We have so much on the MC plate right now. It will just take some time to get around to all of our plans.