Fisher Price Muppet Show Toy Catalog

beaker

Reaction score
*faints* I still consider these the coolest TMS era items, if not muppet items overall, ever. I remember when I found one at a garage sale when I was little, I thought maybe they had them for every single TMS character. I envisioned going on a cross country road trip to find all of the TMS merchandise. Oh and the Scooter doll! I totally had that and carried it everywhere. Aw, gosh bless the early through late 80's!
Thanks so much for the find!

My dream is for Disney to release new figures in this relative scale

beaker

Reaction score
Also I was always curious if they ever had plans for a second wave and more characters, or if even prototypes exist like they do for the Dark Crystal Kenner figures.

robodog

Reaction score
Funny, I carried my Scooter plush everywhere too. He was really ragged by the time it was all said and done. He had been resewn several times and his glasses had to be glued multiple times as well. He was my favorite toy at the time. I remember one time I came home from school and I found out my folks had washed him. For some reason I became convinced that he had fallen apart in the wash despite my parents reassuring me he didn't. I was afraid to go in there and look at him because I thought he would be in pieces. I have no idea what led me to believe that.
Then there was the time I took him to summer day care and everyone thought he was a Fraggle.
The Fisher Price Muppet line were some of the first toys I had that I could remember. I had Scooter, Fozzie, Kermit, the Miss Piggy puppet and the Dress Up Gonzo. I also had my mom looking all over creation for the Rowlf puppet and she even had my grandfather several states over looking for it as well. I never got it, but it wasn't because of my family's lack of trying. Even today when I see pictures of Rowlf toys online I get a pang of longing. It was the very first toy I remember desperately wanting.
I'd love for Disney to do a line similar to this too. I'd prefer a Rowlf action figure type thing to a plush these days but I'll take what I can get. I feel that as a fan of toy dogs and a muppet fan that if I die without ever owning some kind of Rowlf toy my life will have been incomplete.