1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

First foam puppet

Discussion in 'Puppet Building and Performing' started by MuppetQuilter, May 30, 2002.

1. MuppetQuilter Member

I finally finished my first foam puppet!

There's definitely room for improvement, but for a first try, I'm pretty happy with him.

Thanks to everyone who gave my pointers and suggestions-- I appreciate all the advice!! :)

You can see photos of Fenwick the Turtle here:

http://homepage.mac.com/muppetquilter/PhotoAlbum8.html

or click on the 'My Quilts' link below and click on the 'Puppets' link from my quilt page.
  2. matleo Active Member

Oh wow! great job!! I love the texture on the head. how did you get that? Anyway, he looks really great. Keep up the good work.

--Matt
  3. MuppetQuilter Member

Matleo

Sorry I've been slow getting back. Thanks for looking-- I'm glad you like it!

The head is covered in a fake fur. I had a lot of little pieces left over from a different project and I just started playing with them and forming wrinkles and creases. The fur has a really nice texture-- kind of like little loops instead of loose fur-- and some stretch to it, but I can't tell you anything else about it-- I'd got it years ago on clearance. I wish I had more of it....
  4. Iggy35 Member

Woah thats HUGE!!!! :)
    How you gonna get it out the house now its complete?
    hehehe
    Looks fantastic!

IGGY35
  5. MuppetQuilter Member

Iggy35

Yes, well, I'm working on the size. You should see the size of the troll head I made (he's body-less because I haven't figured out how to make a body that will be relatively easy to work and still be in proportion to his head).

My next puppet will definitely be smaller, and thus far easier to work.
  6. fluffmuppet Member

That is absolutly fantastic!! I LOVE turtles! For some reason, that puppet reminds me of thise memory in my Childhood..a good one at that. Brings back nice feelings!

Want to see my turtle?

http://www.geocities.com/sango1984ca/donmuppet.html

Again, great job!

~fluff~
  7. Cindy Moderator

Fenwick is very cute! Great job. I like him with the glasses, it makes him look very sophisticated. ;) Fantastic work for your first foam puppet. He's even got a lovely quilted shell. Nice touch!