First foam puppet

MuppetQuilter

Reaction score
I finally finished my first foam puppet!

There's definitely room for improvement, but for a first try, I'm pretty happy with him.

Thanks to everyone who gave my pointers and suggestions-- I appreciate all the advice!! :smile:

You can see photos of Fenwick the Turtle here:

http://homepage.mac.com/muppetquilter/PhotoAlbum8.html

or click on the 'My Quilts' link below and click on the 'Puppets' link from my quilt page.

matleo

Reaction score
Oh wow! great job!! I love the texture on the head. how did you get that? Anyway, he looks really great. Keep up the good work.

--Matt

MuppetQuilter

Reaction score
Matleo

Sorry I've been slow getting back. Thanks for looking-- I'm glad you like it!

The head is covered in a fake fur. I had a lot of little pieces left over from a different project and I just started playing with them and forming wrinkles and creases. The fur has a really nice texture-- kind of like little loops instead of loose fur-- and some stretch to it, but I can't tell you anything else about it-- I'd got it years ago on clearance. I wish I had more of it....

Iggy35

Reaction score
Woah thats HUGE!!!! :smile:
How you gonna get it out the house now its complete?
hehehe
Looks fantastic!

IGGY35

MuppetQuilter

Reaction score
Iggy35

Yes, well, I'm working on the size. You should see the size of the troll head I made (he's body-less because I haven't figured out how to make a body that will be relatively easy to work and still be in proportion to his head).

My next puppet will definitely be smaller, and thus far easier to work.

Cindy

Staff member
Reaction score
Fenwick is very cute! Great job. I like him with the glasses, it makes him look very sophisticated. :wink: Fantastic work for your first foam puppet. He's even got a lovely quilted shell. Nice touch!