Film vs. Theatre

Which do you prefer?

• Total voters

Froggy Fool

Reaction score
The ultimate thread for the big debate: film or theatre?

So, do you prefer the lively and spontaneous performances of the theatre? Or are you more of a movie buff?

Post your thoughts below.

Froggy Fool

Reaction score
That's cool. Personally, though I LOVE theatre, I like film slightly better because of the rewatch factor, and also I am more interested in the behind the scenes directing part of it as well.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Live theatre is very important. People enjoy the intimacy, seeing real people like themselves getting up and telling a story.

I’ve always been fascinated with behind the scenes stuff too, I was watching documentaries when I was 3, lol. In part thanks to Jim Henson of course. :wink:

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Film and theatre have their plusses and negatives.... though it's frustrating how in both events being live, gotta make sure all businesses is taken care of beforehand.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
While I can enjoy both as a spectator, as far as involvement goes, I'd definitely say film. With theater, on or off stage, you're under a lot of pressure to make sure everything is 100% perfect for that live performance, because the slightest mistake can have dire consequences. I remember in Grade 8, I was part of the stage crew for our school's big year-end musicale, and I got in big trouble with the teachers one rehersal night, all because I had a bathroom emergency; apparently, they found it irresponsible that I had to run to the bathroom for a minute, and even threatened to relieve me of my duty if I did something like that again . . . I guess my only other option would have been to just crap myself.

But theater can be fun to enjoy as a spectator, and more often than not, live performances are always better live, in-person, as opposed to televised or documented.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Dude, I seriously hated having to go number two in school.

Especially during class time; you just never know how long you'd be in there.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I guess that's why parents always harped on you to make sure you went to the bathroom before you left for school. Maybe, I don't know.

I hated it in school as well, for different reasons . . . in elementary school, our boys bathroom had two different stalls each - one of them had a door, the other didn't, and the one with the door didn't even have a lock on it, so if you're in there doing your business, any other kid can just walk up and kick the door open to see if anyone is in there . . . and that happened to me a time or two. In middle school, our stalls did have locks on them and such, but because my middle school was in the ghetto, the bathrooms made gas station bathrooms look sterile. Needless to say, I'd actually sneak into the faculty bathroom any chance I got.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
It helped that the faculty bathroom was across the hall from the students bathroom, and it was sort of in its own little alcove, so it was easy to slip in there without much notice.