Figment as Gonzo MP3s

WiGgY

Reaction score
None members aren't allowed to download those files. Anyway of posting links that work for all?

MuppetVision3D

Reaction score
That's so weird. Dave Goelz really did a great job imitating the late great Billy Barty.

WiGgY

Reaction score
I don't think you realize what it was I was saying.

In order to view an attachment, one must be logged in to the forum. So, is there a way for you to post links to a different server that does not require someone to be a member of some forum?

If you don't have a web space, I can upload them for all to hear. Just send the actual files to Wiggyof09@aol.com

jeremyactor

Reaction score
I think some of them do sound like it, some don't. But some REALLY do sound like it, and that scares me - it's weird to hear that.

Jeremy

Stulz

Reaction score
New Ride?

Figment Rules! That used to be one of my favorites ries at Epcott. That, Kitchen Cabaret, and Captian EO. All of which are gone....

Could you eleborate more on this new ride?
Is it a new version of "Journey into Imagination" Or a new Figment ride in general?

Did Dave Goelz do the vioce of Figment for this or is it just a coincidence?And Did teh origianl figment die? or what?.. more Details please......

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Yeah, I was wondering about that too. Right now I'm in the Games Room computer lab and I can't play sounds on these computers. I'll have to listen when I get back to the dorm.

By the way in the movie Animal House, which was played at my dorm last night, I've noticed there was a guy in it who sounds just like Gonzo. I'm pretty certain it wasn't Dave since I don't think he does any acting other than puppateering. I've been wondering what's up with that.

jeremyactor

Reaction score
Here's the deal with Journey into your Imagination.

When Epcot opened in 1982, there was a ride called "Journey into Imagination" starring a characternamed Dreamfinder and his friend, a little purple dinosaur named Figment - voiced by Billy Barty. The ride was pretty popular but was falling apart, and getting tired after about 15 years or so, and they decided to give it a rehab, and totally change the ride.

Figment and Dreamfinder were kicked to the curb. The new ride, "Journey into Your Imagination" was horrible - it lacked imagination, creativity, a plot, or any cool effects. Michael Eisner rode it before it opened, got off the ride, and immediately said "We need to make some room in the budget for the next version of this ride. This was horrible." (Smart Move)

They decided to bring back Figment - who people were crying out for because he was pretty much the symbol of Epcot for the longest time, and then they just cut him out.... people were angry. But Billy Barty had passed away, and they needed someone to do the voice for the 3rd incarnation of the ride.

Enter Dave Goelz. This was about the time Mickey was courting the Muppets, and they probably hired Dave as a way to butter up to the Hensons. They could have hired ANYBODY to do a high pitched voice - they've got a stable of squeaky voiced characters, someone can do it that's already on their payroll. But they got Dave.

And now you know the rest of the story. Good Day!

Jeremy