Few Muppets I'm Wonderin Bout

punkNpuppets

Reaction score
i'd like some info on these SS muppets i've never heard of, and possibly some pictures. if no pictures, a very detailed description of how they look -

Dr. Noble Price
Elizabeth (according to this 1 site, she's Green Muppet girl, owns Little Murray Sparkles, but i want more info)
Felix
Ferlengheti
Flo Bear
Gina (not the human)
Lulu
H. Ross Parrot
Pat Playjacks
Sammy The Snake
Sheldon the Turtle
Showered Rosell
Sinister Sam
Snooky
Solid Citizen
Velma Blank

Drtooth

Reaction score
Well, here are some I can remember from the list

Dr. Noble Price.. A round headed light pinkish Purple AM with glasses, a mustache and wacky hair. Tried to invent things that were already invented without him knowing they were invented.

Felix: Oscar's old roomate who loved things clean (a joke, you see Felix and Oscar are the main characters in the classic play, movie, and televison show, the odd couple) Performed by jerry Nelson

Flo Bear, Baby Bear's mother. As seen this season on the Count count 3 (as in the three bears)

Lulu: A Pink monster girl with Blue hair and sometimes glasses

H.Ross Parrot: A Muppet Parrot that talks like Ross Perot, including pie charts.

Sammy the Snake: A yello snake Muppet who sang a song about the letter S. Performed by Jerry Nelson.

Ferlenghetti (I'm assuming you mean Ferlengheti Donzerelli) a fat Blu AM, dressed up like a 1980's style rapper.

That's the best I can do at the moment. Maybe if I can find some stuff at home..

Thijs

Reaction score
Snooky is the quiz-master from Muppets Tonight.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Let's see what we can do to help out a fellow Sesame Street Muppet lover.
You have to understand that I don't have any pictures to go along with the names, but I know the majority of the characters on your list. Also, I know the website where you got those names from, since I used it myself to bolster my Muppet master listing. It's run by Craig Silverstein, and it's a student-based ".edu" website right?

A. First, let's clear up any confusions created by your search.

1 Sammy the Snake. There are actually three different Sesame characters with this name. The first Sammy the Snake is the one who sings "The Sound of the Letter S". This snake has a light violet ovaled or egg-shaped head with red forked toungue and the rest of a traditional Muppet mouth, the inner tongue being pink and the outer gullet being red. The rest of his body is a series of violet and green rings as his frame contorts to form a shape like that of the letter S. The second character is the one the Drtooth mentioned, though I thought that one was performed by Jim Henson himself. This snake is a light-yellow skinned diamondback snake with orange and yellow diamonds on his back and a black bushy eyebrow over his eyes on top of his head. This character performed a duet with Carol Channing and the S-Girls, basically spoof of the song "Mamme" rewritten to be named "Sammy". The third character was a tan-brown colored rattlesnake who appeared once in a small sketch with Ernie where the two showed the viewers about three different feelings. Ernie got spooked by the rattle in the end and left in a hurry!
2 Flo Bear. This character falls into the celebrity spoof category, her name being a joke of the famous French writer Gustav Flobert (pronounced flobear). Fittingly, the creators made her a writer who had the power of written words. One great episode which features her talents is the one where everybody learns how to magically tapdance, but Mumford can't stop the charm. Gregory the Great, a fellow magician portrayed by Gregory Heines stops everybody else but transfers the curse onto himself. Flo finally comes in with the word "Stop" written on a cardboard sign and he immediately stops. Mama Bear, Baby Bear's mother is a completely different character altogether, though they might have used the puppet of Flo Bear as a substitute for the standard Mama Bear puppet.
3 Ferlinghetti. This character's name is actually Donizetti Ferlinghetti. I know it's so, because ssetta, a fellow member, posted that it was so in another thread I started with the same design of asking a few questions about some characters I didn't know that well. As Drtooth said, he's a "fat blue" type of AM with dark round glasses, a small bush of brown hair over his ears and under his dark blue or black rapper's cap, brown mustache and goati under his chin, and black shirt and blue jeans. He was a rapper who spoke mainly in a rhyming rhythm. One of his most well-known sketches is a rapping form of the alphabet with video scenes of Grover breakdancing in the background.

I'll post the rest in a separate post.

Clean Gultch

Reaction score
actually, you got it backwords. its ferlinghetti donizetti. i know this because i saw the acp rap on plaza sesamo and he says "ferlinghetti donizetti is my name" in spanish.

punkNpuppets

Reaction score
Originally posted by Drtooth

Ferlenghetti (I'm assuming you mean Ferlengheti Donzerelli) a fat Blu AM, dressed up like a 1980's style rapper.
did he sing in that "Toothpaste Factory Rap"?

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Sesame Muppets Pt. 2

B. Here's the rest of the characters that I definitely know about.
4 H. Ross Parrot. Drtooth already helped you out with this one, but I thought you'd like to know a little more. He was a red and dark pinkish parrot Muppet with white bushy hair on the side of his head where his ears should be. His voice sounded similar to the Texan politician, and he also falls into the celebrity spoof category. One of his best sketches is one where he's seated next to Big Bird's nest and he's got a chart of the alphabet next to him, ready to deliver a press conference to a few waiting kids.
5 Lulu. She's one of the newer characters from Season 33, though she may have appeared even sooner than that. Basically, I'd like to ask Drtooth if that's what she really looks like, cause I thought she was more of a purplish girl monster but I could be wrong.
6 Elizabeth. She's also from either Season 32 or 33, and she's a green girl AM. Perhaps Drtooth could elaborate on this character as well, and let us know what color hair she has and what color wardrobe she wears.
7 & 8 Dr. Nobel Price and Felix. Again, Drtooth came through with descriptions of these two who could also fit into the spoof category. You see, Dr. Nobel Price is supposed to be a joke of the famed Nobel Prizes handed out each year in diverse fields, and Felix would be a spoof of the famed fictional character.
9 Snooky. This is a misnomer. The character of Snooky Bloir belongs to Muppets Tonight, though it's possible that he may have made an appearance on Sesame before the recent split of the parent Muppet entities.
10 Sinister Sam. This is a character performed by Jim Henson himself. The character looked like a pink-purplish AM with dark brown eyebrows and mustache, dressed up as a cowboy. His famous sketch is one where he enters a saloon asking "Someone bought the last box of crayons and I want to know why!" He keeps asking different characters gathered in the saloon in a somewhat mean but comical manner, even shaking down an elderly man cowering underneath a covered table. Finally, he corners the guy who bought the crayons behind a hat-rack and asks him why! The green AM keeps nervously answering Sinister Sam until Sam grabs a black crayon and starts drawing on a poster in the background. He finishes drawing a letter Y and asks if that's a Y. When his query has been satisfied, he gives the other cowboy back the crayons.
11 & 12 Pat Playjacks and Velma Blank. Another duo for the celebrity spoofs pile, obviously based on Pat Sajax and Velma White. Pat is a light purple AM with light brown hair, what I believe to be a green triangular nose though that may be wrong, and a darker violet dress suit with pants and tie. Velma is a green female Am with brown-blonde curly hair, a round orange nose, and flowing dress who said nothing and just shows off the prizes all featuring a portrait of Pat Playjacks himself. Their famous sketch is "Wheel of Squeal" with Prairie Dawn and the Count von Count as the contestants where they tried to guess a number of squeals that a pig would make when spun around inside a large spinning wheel.
13 Sheldon the Turtle. You might see him in some sketches of the Season 25 episodes shown on Noggin, or maybe other season's episodes on the early-morning weekend showings of Sesame Street Unpaved. Basically, hes a green turtle Muppet with the eyes set into the head, his legs and tail coming out through the appropriate holes and a dark green-brown shell on his back.
That only leaves three characters on your list, which you'll have to get someone else to help. Solid Citizen Lady is before my time and I wouldn't recognize her now. Gina and Showered Rossell must be more recent characters but I haven't seen them. A note of warning: The reason I could help you out with the characters I've described is because I clearly or partially recognize the characters in my mind from the time that I watched Sesame when I had better vision than I do now. Hope this helps you out with what you wanted to know.

Hays

Reaction score
Elizabeth

Elizabeth shows up on the Elmo's World in an email about pets with Murray Sparkles. She's a green AM, has brown hair in two braids and a purple nose, wears a white collared blouse and a navy/white checkered smock. She has a distinct Bronx accent with a Jewish flavor.

Thijs

Reaction score
O sorry, I didn`t see he meant a SS character