Favorite Theme Song

Old Thunder

Reaction score
"Suicide Is Painless" from M*A*S*H, "Making Our Dreams Come True" from Laverne & Shirley, and "Thank You For Being A Friend" from the Golden Girls.

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
"Suicide Is Painless" from M*A*S*H, "Making Our Dreams Come True" from Laverne & Shirley, and "Thank You For Being A Friend" from the Golden Girls.
I like the Golden Girls theme as well along with the Laverne & Shirley theme as well.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Any of the Norman Lear sitcoms from the 70's:
All in the Family, Maude, Good Times, The Jeffersons, and Sanford and Son.

One closing theme:
Sesame Street 1969-1992.
I'm sorry young critters. They can update the theme ten times to Sunday, but they'll never EVER replace Toots Thelemans' harmonica. Try as they might.

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
Any of the Norman Lear sitcoms from the 70's:
All in the Family, Maude, Good Times, The Jeffersons, and Sanford and Son.

One closing theme:
Sesame Street 1969-1992.
I'm sorry young critters. They can update the theme ten times to Sunday, but they'll never EVER replace Toots Thelemans' harmonica. Try as they might.
I agree with you.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I'd love to dump a whole bunch of anime opening themes from the 1980's here... maybe mention a few.

The openings to Transformers Headmasters and Transformers Victory are freaking catchy. Choujin Masterforce? Not so much. Sounds like it should be a 1980's Miller Boyette produced sitcom opening. Odd, since I do like the cheesy opening to Perfect Strangers.

The theme to the original Macross series (you know, the show that would become half of Robotech) is pretty good. I like that one.

Obviously the Kinnikuman openings are some of my favorite, but there's a bias there. Gotta admit the one I like least is the "Scramble for the Throne" series, but I don't dislike it.

Lupin III is always good. I like the one with the lyrics and the singer is doing his darndest to sound like Tom Jones. Also dig the "Sexy Adventure" opening for the half decent, half ehhh Pink Suit series.

I like the first three Dragon Ball openings, Maka Fushigi Adventure, Cha-La- Head Cha La, and We Gotta Power. Dig the first opening to Kai too.

I somehow love the opening to the "only I'd like that sort of thing" Muteking series (don't ask... if you must know Kamen Rider plus that terrible Xanadu movie plus Time Bokan, and copious amounts of cocaine).

And ehhh... for the Western favorites, you can't go wrong with Hanna Barbera openings. I'm especially fond of Hong Kong Phooey with Scatman Crothers singing the theme. Darkwing Duck's an easy favorite, but most of the Disney Afternoon themes were great anyway. Taz-Mania gets in your head, but so don't all those 90's Looney Tunes/Warner Brs animation type theme songs. I said Perfect Strangers, I guess that's the one of those I really like. Get Smart...yeah, that's obvious since that's one of my favorite sitcoms. Love the Ninja Turtles theme songs for the most part. All cartoon incarnations, anyway. Back to the Sewers' theme was probably one of the best parts of that forgotten part of the franchise.

charlietheowl

Reaction score
In terms of just the song itself, call me a sap but I'll go with The Young And The Restless.

in terms of the song/visual combination...

Colbynfriends

Reaction score
For whatever reason this is my favorite theme. Which is why those years ago it became the song I used to represent nostalgia. Also visually it's very fun to watch.