Favorite Skits Growing Up

Reaction score
One of my all time favourites is the I-Beam one. (aka the Red Hot I) It looks like it scared a lot of people, according to the forums, but I loved it. it was too funny.

also, the one's where the numbers pop out of the ground and run around like a garden or something (through the magic of stop motion animation) while a really weird, enthusiastic voice would say "oooonne..." or whatever number really slowly and but energetically, like they were stoned or something.

the yip yip aliens were a favourite too. especially the one about the baby.

same with the earlier, dada ones. anyone have any of those i mentioned they'd like to send me? or a link or something?

well, i've done all the talking so far...what are YOUR favourite skits??

p.s my email is pitzel_001@hotmail.com for anyone with the clips i mentioned.

Larcen Tyler

Reaction score
These were my favorite:

-A live-action short about a kid going to Alvin Ailey school of dance every week (which I have on DVD)

-Another live-action short where this woman and Gordon teach kids how to roll up into a sitting position with their knees bent from a supine position, while doing breathing techniques.

-The cartoon where Sparky the dog scares Gerald into thinking there's an alligator in his room by doing a song.

-Bert and Ernie trying to watch TV but the letter 'H' is on it constantly.

-Cookie Monster sleeps over while Bert's away, and has a nightmare about cookies floating around teasing him, untill Ernie wakes him up and offers him cookies to make him feel better, at which point Cookie Monster runs away and through a wall. That one always made me laugh.

If anyone has those clips, please let me know!

Frogster

Reaction score
I've always liked the Bert and Ernie segments, as well as Kermit's Sesame Street News and anything with Herry Monster. I did like the "It Takes A Lot Of Little Nuts To Make A Jar Of Peanut Butter" thing where it shows how they make it. Whenever I saw that, I got the urge to just spread some peanut butter over a slice of bread... excuse me, I'm gonna go get something to eat!

SesameMike

Reaction score
Frogster said:
"It Takes A Lot Of Little Nuts To Make A Jar Of Peanut Butter"
Is that the sequence that begins with a man pulling a single peanut plant out of the ground? Two or three voiceover kids narrate the sequence, and at the beginning they say that peanuts don't taste good before they're roasted. Toward the end one of the kids says "The jars are on a merry-go-round!" in reference to the rotating machinery that fills the jars up. We watch this process to the sound of carnival music (don't know the name of the piece, but it's in 3:4 time and is very familiar. It's also the soundtrack to the 1980s arcade video game "Carnival".)

Dantecat

Reaction score
SesameMike,What's the name of that soundtrack,What's the name of that song to it,andIs it available on CD :confused:

Tonichelle

Reaction score
The "Here fishy, fishy, fishy, fishy" skit with Bert and Ernie

growing up in Alaska I knew that didn't really work, but I to this day go fishing and yell that out at teh fish... much to my dad's amusement and annoyance :smile: :attitude: :embarrassed:

maxdrive

Reaction score
i really liked the kermit the frog herry monster skit where kermit uses an x ray machine to show herry's body. neding up with kermit showing herry's muscles and herry defieing physics movieng from the x ray machine to see his own muscles anjd when kermit goes up to check onthe machine herry gets his revenge so to speek and shows kermits bones. :smile:

mikebennidict

Reaction score
SesameMike said:
Is that the sequence that begins with a man pulling a single peanut plant out of the ground? Two or three voiceover kids narrate the sequence, and at the beginning they say that peanuts don't taste good before they're roasted. Toward the end one of the kids says "The jars are on a merry-go-round!" in reference to the rotating machinery that fills the jars up. We watch this process to the sound of carnival music (don't know the name of the piece, but it's in 3:4 time and is very familiar. It's also the soundtrack to the 1980s arcade video game "Carnival".)
actually those are 2 different films. the 1 Frogster's thinking of a girl says mmm peanut butter and askes how they get a whole lot of peanut butter out of 1 jar and we hear Joe singing this song Frogster mentions. i read elsewhere this is also an old 1 though i don't recall seeing till the 80s.

dustinrn

Reaction score
my favorites.

All time favorite: RED-HOT I (I-beam), don't ask me why- it terrified me as a kid and back in the day when it first appeared on SS, you had no remote to change the channel- lol, so I had to sit and cover my eyes or hide behind the couch! I would love to ask whoever designed that clip just exactly what they were thinking!

Among other favorites:

Real life- Getting the jack back
Real life- car wash
Real life- any hispanic/spanish classic clips
Animation- the "r" car
Animation- Billy Joe Jive and Sweet Susie Sunset episodes.
Anything with Buffy Ste. Marie and her son Koty.
David's hallucination of him rollerskating wildly through central park. (Oh I can just hear that funky music now.......lol) :flirt:

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Oh gosh, how could I pick just one? Here is a short list of my top five favorite moments (I promise it won't get long)
1. Anything with Bert and Ernie (especially Here Fishy Fishy Fishy)
2. The song about the two little girls who had tea and the cats came
3. Grover the waiter (especially the one with ole ole ole)
4. Me Lost Me Cookie at the Disco
5. The Peanut Butter one that has already been discussed.

There are so many more but we'd be here all night!