Favorite show no one knows

Drtooth

Reaction score
Do you have any favorite shows that only YOU know about? And when you try to talk about it, everyone gives you the stink eye, like you're crazy, cuz your the only one who knows about it? Kinda like you know that Soylent Green is people, and no one listens? You know... shows that only you like and no one has ever heard of?

Here are some of mine...

From Japan...

This is the Police Box outside of Kameari park, Katsushika ward (long as shell title), about a defective police officer named Ryotsu, and his get rich quick schemes that interfear with his work. Indeed little crime solving goes on in this "police series."

Anpanman, Japan's answer to Carebears (though the concept of the character has been around since the 60's in kids' books)... Basically your run of the mill superhero with an edible head that has to be replaced if it gets wet or damaged. he fights a little character called Baikinman (germ man) who's about as menacing as Mr. Beastly from Care Bears, and he's the true star of the show as far as I'm concerned. Let jme explain... if you get high and watch Strawberry Shortcake (hypothetically... Dr. Tooth does NOT condone the immoral practice of drug use) you get the same effect... Less vulgar explaination? Somewhere inbetween Care Bears and Yellow Submarine...

Doraemon, beloved all over the world... just not here... Johnny Depp even did a guest voice for it recently... no kidding. A robotic cat from the future visiting his owner's great great grandfather as a child making darn well sure he's a great great grandfather.

And Kinnikuman- the continuing stooooory of an Ultraman wanna be who gets kicked around, treated like crap, made fun of by even his closest friends... and saves the universe and becomes king of a planet.... puts those hollywood underdog story movies to shame.

And from the US...

Mr. Bogus- Bogey talk funny... bogey act funny... and computo game stupido (if you ever seen it, you get that refference)

Walter Melon- based off a French comic, every episode is a send up of pop culture featuring a fat clumsy guy having to take on Super Hero roles...

Pepper Ann- i'm a dude, and I love it. It's the first REALLY positive female role model I've seen on TV in years. Milo is the goofiest hipster on TV since Kramer...

and from Europe

Asterix... we get the comics... we NEVER get the movies... it's not fair.

Xerus

Reaction score
I really liked the Attack of the Killer Tomatoes cartoon series. But when I bring it up, hardly anyone remembers nor have ever seen this short lived series. Thankfully, someone posted at least 12 of the episodes on youtube.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
You know... Wonder if this would be the place to expound on my thoughts/prefered programs from the past twenty years or so of memories.

ZootyCutie

Reaction score
I have shows that barely any of my friends know of. Some of them are:

Kaput and Zosky: French cartoons are funny.

Coconut Fred's Fruit Salad Island: It didn't rip off SpongeBob. They can bring it back.

Pucca: A great show, and Flash cartoon.

Bobobo-bobo-bobo: This is the craziest anime show ever, and I love it! (but I won't marry it. :big_grin:)

D'Snowth

Reaction score
What the **** kind of a name is Bobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobo? !

And isn't Kaput and Zosky CANADIAN?

SSLFan

Reaction score
Any international Sesame Street production.:embarrassed:

Fragglemuppet

Reaction score
I actually do remember seeing a couple of episodes of Mr. Bogus. It was kinda weird, although like many of the more random things from my childhood I don't remember much of it...
:crazy: