Favorite Seinfeld moments?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I just had a thought: what was that discoloration George had on his upper lip anyway? He spent that entire episode worrying that God was killing him with cancer because he's not meant to be successful, but just before they tape their pilot, George learns from the lab that the biopsy turned out negative for cancer, but it's never said just what that discoloration actually was.
Actually, it just now occured to me that the series left a lot of these kinds of questions unintentionally left unanswered.

Like, just what was in that Penske file?
Who was Kramer yelling at to do something with their life?
Whatever happened to Noreen (the woman who dated the high talker that Kramer supposedly impregnated)?
Who stole the couch from the apartment lobby?

Oh, and here's something ronic: Remember how I was saying "The Puerto Rican Day" episode is so poorly written it feels like it was ilterally rushed at the last minute and they just didn't care since it was the end anyway? That episode had ten writers!

BertsNose

Reaction score
Off the top of my head my favorite moments are:

-the whole Art Vandelay story when Kramer answered the phone. I seem to recall a scene where George came running into Jerry's living room with his pants falling down.

-When George said "for I am Costanza, Lord of the Idiots."

-The Parking Garage episode

-Jerry's mother saying "You were making out during Schindler's List?!"

-the Festivus story

-anytime Jerry says "not that there's anything wrong with that" or "Hello Newman"

-the episode where Jerry was dogsitting for somebody (I forget the guy's name).

-"You had to have the big salad!!!" (I quote that to my mom sometimes and it makes her laugh.)

I haven't rewatched any of those episodes in such a long time and I'm sure there are some I've forgotten but there's some of them.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Actually, it just now occured to me that the series left a lot of these kinds of questions unintentionally left unanswered.

Like, just what was in that Penske file?
Who was Kramer yelling at to do something with their life?
Whatever happened to Noreen (the woman who dated the high talker that Kramer supposedly impregnated)?
Who stole the couch from the apartment lobby?
And another one: what exactly was that "big payroll project" George had to work on for Steinbrenner?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
The hour-long episodes are all split into two-parter half-hours in syndication, but the second syndicated half always includes a voice-over announcement of Jerry saying, "Here's what happened last week in case you missed it." But, the episodes aired as hour-long episodes, which they aired the same week in the same time slot, so what's the point of saying "last week" if it was the same week?

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
The hour-long episodes are all split into two-parter half-hours in syndication, but the second syndicated half always includes a voice-over announcement of Jerry saying, "Here's what happened last week in case you missed it." But, the episodes aired as hour-long episodes, which they aired the same week in the same time slot, so what's the point of saying "last week" if it was the same week?
To fit the original half hour reruns on NBC, I'm guessing.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I was reading about SEINFELD trivia on IMDb and found this:

One of the first successful sitcoms to have extensive segments filmed outdoors.
That's not at all true. There's been a number of sitcoms long before SEINFELD that filmed extensively outdoors for their runs - in fact, many sitcoms had their exterior sets at the Desilu lot, such as Mayberry (THE ANDY GRIFFITH SHOW), Camp Henderson (GOMER PYLE, U.S.M.C.), and Stalag 13 (HOGAN'S HEROES). M*A*S*H was also well-known for its extensive outdoor filming up in the mountains of Malibu. You know that fountain the intro of FRIENDS was filmed at? The park that fountain is in showed up very frequently on BEWITCHED.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I just love the delivery on that line. It wouldn't have had the same impact if he said "maybe we should just call you "T-Bone." Instead of Maybeweshouldjust...call you T-BONE!!!"
I was thinking of another line from that same episode:

"Soyou'rejust. . . . hiring peepul? That's your job now? Tojust. . . hire peepul?"