Favorite Seasons in the past decade

SSLFan

Reaction score
Since it's very easy to distinguish each season in the past 10 years or so (2002-present), I thought this would be a fun topic. Do you have any favorites or least favorites? List them them and/or state why you liked/disliked that particular season(s).

Here's my list, I'll go into detail later.
1. Season 39
2. Season 37
3. Season 42
4. Season 38
5. Season 41
6. Season 35
7. Season 36
8. Season 40
9. Season 33
10. Season 34

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Season 38. Not because of the two magazine-formatted episodes, but because they had a wider variety of inserts used compared to previous seasons. I, for one, didn't like when the Muppet segments completely dominated the show starting with season 33, nor did I care for how there almost no Muppet bits shown in each season 30-32 episode. Season 38 balanced that by using a wider range of material in each episode. We got a lot of neat stuff re-aired, like all those Sally Cruikshank cartoons. Season 39 kinda had that too, but the lack of Muppet material (excluding MHALM and the Word of the Day) would bug me.

So, basically what I'm saying is that I think Muppets/other inserts deserve equal time. Muppets maybe a bit more, but I like a balance of the two.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
If we're talking about the 30s seasons, then let's see...

I kind of "rediscovered" SST so to speak around Season 32, so that season holds rather fond memories for me.

Season 33 was an adjustment, I don't really think of it as either a good season, nor a bad season... it just needed time to gel with the new format, which I think they improved on in the next season.

Seasons 34, 36, and 38 are among my favorites of the last decade, I think they had some really good stories those seasons, and each of those seasons seem to focus on two or three different characters, aside from just Elmo overkill (like Zoe, Baby Bear and Telly being the focus of Season 34 for example); and like Oscarfan said, Season 38 was a good sort experimental season, and it had a great mix of different kinds of inserts.

Seasons 35 and 37 I hate. Those were the two years that I dealt with two separate bouts of depression, so neither of those seasons hold any kind of pleasant memories for me... Season 37 was especially was a disappointing season with all the hype of Abby joining the ranks of the Muppets on the show, and then she only appeared in barely three out of twenty-six episodes.

Season 30 was interesting, as I recall.

I really don't have any memories of Season 31, and as for Season 39, I didn't get to see a whole lot of that season, but I didn't quite care for how SW had to go all "Ooh! Look at us! We cut off the top and bottom 25% of the picture so we can be 'HD'! Ooh! Ain't we cool!"