1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Favorite Muppet Ships

Discussion in 'Classic Muppets' started by WhiteRabbit, Jun 14, 2009.

1. GarlicGuy

GarlicGuy New Member

Floyd and Janice :flirt::sing:
  2. analeisa

analeisa Member

Doesn't it, though? They've both been an extended member of the Electric Mayhem but Scooter has boundless energy to Lips' shyness. *glad somebody else likes her random ship*

Oh and: would human ships in Muppet stuff count in this thread? I'd like if anyone likes those pairings. I've liked Susan/Gordon and Maria/Louis together since I was little.
  3. Gelfling Girl

Gelfling Girl Active Member

By the way, out of curiosity, does anybody have any favorite Muppeteer ships and/or Muppet/Muppeteer ships? :crazy::flirt:;)
  4. BeakerSqueedom

BeakerSqueedom Active Member

I support LipsxZoot too, mon ami! :3
  5. Mr.Penguin

Mr.Penguin Member

The Hispanola.

....Or since someone already made that joke, here's the only one I support that's not official already, Animal and his red-haired dance partner with the goofy voice from the Muppet Show. I always thought they were hilarious/cute together and I wish she would've showed up more as a character. :halo:

.....Is it just me or is there a weird amount of guy-on-guy here :shifty:

Not that I'm totally serious but.....

Red and Mokey :scary: (bwahahaha! Mixin' it up!....hey, it's cute too)
  6. Gelfling Girl

That's just the way we Muppet shipper fangirls are. ;)
  7. Gelfling Girl

Beaker/Skeeter. Just try to picture it, especially if she actually does make a comeback in puppet form.
  8. GarlicGuy

GarlicGuy New Member

I'm not sure if its ever been mentioned but I LOVE Gonzo and Piggy (Its one sided on Gonzo's side)
  9. Skekayuk

Skekayuk Member

Well Jim Henson and Frank Oz were best friends, to the point that when they puppeteered together the chemistry was such they "knew" just what the other was going to do, a seemless pairing.

However, my favourite pairing is that of Jerry Nelson and Louise Gold - in something like eighteen years they've done quite a variety of characters together ranging from Cowboy Jerry and Lou-The-Jugband-Lady on TMS, to Herry Monster and Louisey on Sesame Street through to the tourist rats on MTI. Both are brillient singers, that number that Herry and Louisey did on Sesame ("I Can Sing Anything When I Sing With You) summed up their partnership perferectly. Even in West End Theatre Louise hardly ever sings duets with anyone who can match her quite as perfectly as Jerry can.
  10. Skekayuk

Skekayuk Member

Now there's a ship that gets my vote. Cowboy-Jerry and Lou-The-Jugband-Lady, or if you prefer to call them Slim Wilson and Lou, then do.
  11. AlittleMayhem

AlittleMayhem Well-Known Member

Is there anyone with a ship they're embarrassed about?
  12. charlietheowl

charlietheowl Well-Known Member

I don't know if I'd say I'm embarrassed about it, but this is something that might tread on people's toes here: I like the idea of Boober/Wembley. If anyone could watch Pebble Pox Blues and NOT think that they are a perfect pair, then they're crazy.
    muppetfan24/7 and Plaid Fraggle like this.
  13. MissMusical12

MissMusical12 Well-Known Member

FloydxJanice all the way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :sing::flirt:

But also...........
    GonzoxCamilla
    ScooterxAnnie Sue
    Link HogthrobxAnnie Sue
    LipsxTrumpet Girl
    SamxNigel
    PepexRizzo
    LipsxZoot
    AnimalxSweetums (That could work.....somehow.......)
  14. AlittleMayhem

(Dude, I totally forgot about this :o)

My favourite Muppet ships are probably yours. Kermit/Piggy, Floyd/Janice and Gonzo/Camilla, all of them perfectly safe and canon!

But, er, *ahem* I, erm, ImayshipZoot/Lipsprettyhardcore. *runs away before anyone can react*
    MissMusical12 likes this.
  15. MissMusical12

MissMusical12 Well-Known Member

YES!!!! YES YES YES! ZootxLips! :excited:
  16. AlittleMayhem

Ehehehehhehehehehehehehe.......:o
  17. Piggy The Frog

Piggy The Frog Well-Known Member

My favourite canon ships:

Kermit/Piggy
    Floyd/Janice
    Gonzo/Camilla
    Wayne/Wanda

And some unofficial ones:

Scooter/Annie Sue
    Link/himself
    Rowlf/Brunette girl from At the Dance
    Swedish Chef/Cleo Laine
    Bunsen/Beaker
    Statler/Emily Bear

We know that Statler and Emily are old friends, but what if it is/was ever more than just friendship? Oh my god, what if...? *mind boggles*
  18. AlittleMayhem

Haha! I think that's already canon!

*singing*
    Ooooh Lord, it's hard to be humble,
    When your perfect in ev-er-y way!
  19. Piggy The Frog

Piggy The Frog Well-Known Member

Ha, that's true! I was debating whether or not to put it in the list of official ships, but I think it belongs there.
  20. snichols1973

snichols1973 Well-Known Member

Waldorf and Astoria (a female version of Statler);
    As for Statler, his wife could be a female version of Waldorf (minus the mustache), and her name could be Penny,

since the current Hotel Pennsylvania in NYC was originally known as the Hotel Pennsylvania, then renamed as the Statler Hilton when purchased by Conrad Hilton, and after several more business transactions, finally reverted to its original name, the Hotel Pennsylvania.

After all, Waldorf & Astoria is an obvious pun on the famous Waldorf-Astoria hotel in NYC....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hotel_Pennsylvania
    MissMusical12 and AlittleMayhem like this.