Favorite Muppet DVD?

That Announcer

Reaction score
Here I am again- "It is I, your weirdo little friend That Announcer." As you know I'm survey obsessed, and so I was wondering: What is your favorite Muppet DVD?

Mine is MTI. I really, really hate the pan-and-scan transfer, but it's made up for by all the wonderful extras- especially the Brian Henson commentary.

What do you think?

Douglas Fir

Reaction score
I think without a shadow of a doubt my favourite Muppet DVD is my Columbia TriStar UK release of "A Muppet Family Christmas" (I also have the US version which I owned first but the UK release has the most complete home video version and doesn't cut-out the live-action Muppet Baby sequence)!

So yeah I love my Muppet Family Christmas DVD - the Muppet Show, Sesame Street, Fraggle Rock and Muppet Babies characters all in the same special... and Jim Henson too... so yeah... definately my favourite! :smile:

EDIT: Speaking as a Brit the only thing that could have made it cooler was if it had starred Fulton Mackay instead of Gerry Parkes... but you can't have everything! :wink:

BEAR

Reaction score
Hmmm this is a toughy. You did say "favorite dvd" not "favorite film" because there is definitely a difference. However, even to pick my favorite dvd is hard. I think I will have to say The Muppet Movie because of the bonis features. I loved Kermit and Fozzie's screen test feature. It was hilarious. Muppets Take Manhattan runs a very close second because of the Jim Henson interview. It's rare we get to see him speak to us. It was a treat.

HPDJ

Reaction score
I have all the Muppet films on Video/VHS. I'll get them on DVD soon! :smile:

rexcrk

Reaction score
I gotta go with Muppet Treasure Island too. I think it was the first Muppet DVD I bought and when it came on with Gonzo and Rizzo (as actual puppets! Not just some lame animation!) I was amazed! :big_grin: