Favorite Marvin Suggs moment

DarthGonzo

Reaction score
So guys, what are your favorite moments featuring, as he'd put it, "The Beloved Marvin Suggs-uh!!"

My personal favorite Marvin Suggs moments was in the episode when he suddenly appears on stage in place of Rowlf, who we later find out that Suggs locked in his dressing room. The guest star (I cant for the life of me remember who it was) is at first confused by all this and asks what happened to Rowlf.

Suggs: WHO CARES!!!

Then the guest star is absolutely horrified when Suggs begins beating the Muppaphones. She says something like, "Mr. Suggs, these are living creatures and your hurting them!" Then Marvin replies, "Of course they are living creatures. You cannot make music with DEAD creatures!!"

As runner up would have to be the trial sketch from the Brooke Shields episode.

Ryan

Reaction score
The Guest Star was Leslie Ann Warren.
My favorite is the UK Spot where Kermit talks to Marvin and the Muppaphones
"They Go Flat."

"Oh, you mean, out of tune?"

"No. Flat. Like Lit-la pancakes!"

"Well what happens to them then?"

"I don't a-sink you want to know!"

:wink: :big_grin:

Skeeter Muppet

Reaction score
If we're allowed to cite fan-made shows, then I'm going to have to choose Travelling Matt's Bob McGrath episode. Where Marvin starts getting boo-ed onstage, and ends up being run off by Animal :big_grin:

-Kim

Salmoto

Reaction score
No, Kim, that was a UK SPOT, a segment of the Muppet Show that only aired in England.

My favorite moment was when the tables were turned on Marvin Suggs, and a witch doctor transformed the muppaphonist into a pink creature. All in te middle of playing the song "Witch Doctor."

Skeeter Muppet

Reaction score
Originally posted by Salmoto
No, Kim, that was a UK SPOT, a segment of the Muppet Show that only aired in England.
No, Mike, I think you have the wrong person. I'm talking about the Bob McGrath episode outline that our own Travelling Matt posted in this forum a little over a week ago. The skit went like this:

SKIT: Marvin Suggs and his Muppaphones attempt to play the Blue Danube. However, during the course of his act, the audience starts booing Marvin and yelling things like "Someone stop him!" and "This is inhuman!". Kermit and Bob, who are watching in the wings, are concerned about the health of the Muppaphones.

BOB: Kermit, aren't you going to do anything?

KERMIT: I think so...(notices Floyd and Animal walking past) Hey Floyd...(whispers something in Floyd's ear)

FLOYD: Animal! (points onstage) Bad man!

ANIMAL: BAD MAN! BAD MAN! BAD MAN!!!! (runs onstage and bites Marvin in the butt, ripping his pants as the Muppaphones cheer. Marvin runs off in disgrace.)

This only leaves the Muppaphones onstage. Bob comes on and leads them in "Sing After Me", saying they can make music without injuring themselves.
HERE is the UK Skit from that outline:

UK SPOT: Uncle Deadly sings "Reviewing The Situation".
And just in case you think I'm making it up, here's the link for that outline: http://www.muppetcentral.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2601

-Kim

Salmoto

Reaction score
Still not what I meant, but no sense arguing it anymore. We'll be going in and out of misconceptions until we're confused as a 3 legged monkey in a petticoat, on a wednesday.

Skeeter Muppet

Reaction score
Originally posted by Salmoto
Still not what I meant, but no sense arguing it anymore. We'll be going in and out of misconceptions until we're confused as a 3 legged monkey in a petticoat, on a wednesday.
Wow, that's pretty confuzzled! :stick_out_tongue:

-Kim

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score

Scooter's right. In fact that's the only one I can remember. It's in the Racquel Welsh episode which is on volume #2 of the "Best of the Muppet Show" collection. That is one of my favorites. Marvin sounds like a French Grover.