Favorite Grover moment!

TravellingMatt

Reaction score
My favorite one has to be, without a shadow of a doubt, one of the Charlie's restaurant segments. It seems that Charlie has decided to turn his establishment into a Mexican restaurant (with appropriate food and atmosphere) while retaining Grover as waiter. And yes, Virginia, Fat Blue is still his customer.

Well, every time Fat Blue orders and Grover brings the food to him, he has to start doing his "Singing and Dancing Waiter" bit. To the strains of a Mexican guitar, Grover sings a Mexican-styled song, then starts flamenco dancing, and in doing so, drops Fat Blue's food on the floor:

OLEOLEOLEOLEOLEOLEOLEOLEOLEOLE...*CRASH*

furryfella

Reaction score
My two favorites are when he puts those big ears on kermit & then he comes back as a toothbrush sales man & puts those teeth in kermit!! another one is when fat blue is sitting with his soup & grovers keeps coming out with letters!!:big_grin:

Salmoto

Reaction score
My favorite was when he was the scoutmaster and he was trying to tell all the little kids the difference between what was alive and what wasn't; That the rock that they just came across was alive and that his shoe was alive becuase he was able to move it around.

SuprGro78

Reaction score
Grover

What moment of his isn't my favorite? I just love that furry blue monster. I love it when he is talking to the little kids.

TravellingMatt

Reaction score
Second favorite Grover moment: when Grover's the waiter and Simon the Soundman is his customer. Grover can't get with the concept of Simon's sound effects and keeps bringing him the wrong thing. Finally, when Grover gets Simon's order right, Simon changes his mind. It is also revealed in this skit that Fat Blue and Simon are brothers (although in reality, the same blue Anything Muppet was used for both characters and they were both voiced by Jerry Nelson).

Another favorite is when Fat Blue is on the receiving end of a "home invasion" by Grover, who is now a singing telegram, and can't get Fat Blue's message right...at least not on the first try! In this skit we also reveal that Fat Blue's last name is Johnson.

"Mr. Johnson, ho ho ho
I saw your hat in Buffalo
I found it just the other day,
Come and get it...*tap dances*
Right away!"

Splurge

Reaction score
Originally posted by TravellingMatt
My favorite one has to be, without a shadow of a doubt, one of the Charlie's restaurant segments. It seems that Charlie has decided to turn his establishment into a Mexican restaurant (with appropriate food and atmosphere) while retaining Grover as waiter. And yes, Virginia, Fat Blue is still his customer.

Well, every time Fat Blue orders and Grover brings the food to him, he has to start doing his "Singing and Dancing Waiter" bit. To the strains of a Mexican guitar, Grover sings a Mexican-styled song, then starts flamenco dancing, and in doing so, drops Fat Blue's food on the floor:

OLEOLEOLEOLEOLEOLEOLEOLEOLEOLE...*CRASH*
One of my favorite parts of that skit is when the guitar player (Marty Robinson) takes his break, telling Grover he's going down to the corner for a hamburger and some fries.

That floored me, either because he didn't register that he could have eaten in the restaurant for free or that the food was so bad he had to go elsewhere. It was a relatively subtle part to the skit.

TravellingMatt

Reaction score
Either that, or he didn't get comped for his meals (which is what I can do at the restaurant I work at ), and found it cheaper to just eat someplace else!

manoftheSTREET

Reaction score
This is easy...

Grover and probably every notable celebrity of the late 1980s through the early 1990s performing "Monster In The Mirror".

I'm a celebrity fan, and I love it when they appear on "Sesame Street".

Sincerely,

John "manoftheSTREET" Kilduff

MIKEB97

Reaction score
* Grover: I just got a postcard. Do you know what it says? How are you? I am fine. it is cold. Love amy.

* Grover, Bob and Susan playing "One Of These Things"
* Grover suprising the adults and the adults suprising him
* Grover and Oscar reciting the alphabet
* Grover and Cookie singing a song about being afraid
* Grover and Kermit demonstrating in by using a box.
* Fat blue wants to buy a suit that is worn on a manacan however, Grover feels the manacan will be embarrassed when he is naked. He talks off Fat Blue's clothes and while people stare in disbelief, fat Blue runs away crying.
* Grover and fat Blue fighting over popcorn in a theater.
* Grover pestering, Kermit, the Count and Sully to help talk about the #2.
* Around, Over, Under and through
* Grover talking about front and Back
* Grover ringing bells with tarzan
* Gorver and monsters sinking in a rowboat
* Skits with Grover and John-John
* Grover the waiter skits
* Super Grover skits