1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Favorite Fraggle quote

Discussion in 'Fraggle Rock' started by SillyRed, Jan 4, 2003.

1. muppetfan24/7 Well-Known Member

Good one, Beige! I am now of a former kind of girl than the latheral. The good news is my parents are finally letting to have some independence now since I am 21.
  2. Beige Fraggle Member

There are also a couple of quotes that aren't in the actual show, but pertain to it. One comes from the Down at Fraggle Rock: Beind the Scenes documentary, in which Jim Henson summed up the philosophy of the show itself: "We do not inherit the world from our parents, we are borrowing it from our children."

The other quote comes from the Fraggle Farewell song, which was sung at the show's wrap party. This particular line was sung by Boober, and I just LOVE it: "We're the work and play of you who made us real."
  3. Beige Fraggle Member

LOL I should hope so! Even if you're still living at home, you're a legal adult. :insatiable:
    GopherCoffee likes this.
  4. Plaid Fraggle Well-Known Member

Dang, Beige, you're bringin' up some beautiful quotes! I think you've really hit the mark; it's stuff like Boober's plea in "River of Life" that you mentioned before that make the show the best "kids'" stuff I've ever seen.

I really love "You cannot leave the magic," because without the greater meaning that the show imbues the saying with, I'd be like, "That's just super frickin' cheesy." But when you talk about being unable to escape magic, and looking at the world and all the beings around you as magic...well, that's beautiful stuff, there. It's just pure optimism and wonder :D
    GopherCoffee likes this.
  5. Beige Fraggle Member

Hear hear! Ooh, and let's not forget Red's song, "Bring Back the Wonder." I think that one sums up my sentiments for the return of Fraggle Rock quite nicely. ^__^ BTW, wasn't there talk about actually bringing back the series (with all-new episodes) if the movie is successful enough?
    GopherCoffee likes this.
  6. Plaid Fraggle Well-Known Member

That would be superawesome! :'D I had not heard that. But you know? Not sure if this makes me a bad fan or something, but I'd probably like it even more if Fraggle Rock was left alone, in its pristine, tidy, well wrapped-up condition... It's so perfect as is
    GopherCoffee likes this.
  7. PanthraDion Well-Known Member

I don't think that makes you a bad fan Plaid, in fact, I agree with you completely and totally. I don't think that any new Fraggle Rock episodes should be made. It should be like The Muppet Show, with the episodes all on dvd and re-run on television. Even when a Muppet movie was successful, no new Muppet Show episodes were made. Well, if you count Muppets Tonight as a newer version of TMS, it wasn't really successful and liked. So, using that as an example of what can happen in a show is revived, they should just leave the Fraggle Rock episodes alone and not try to make new ones.
    GopherCoffee and Plaid Fraggle like this.
  8. Plaid Fraggle Well-Known Member

Phew! Oh, and yesterday I was thinking of a different FR quote that gets "stuck in my head": toward the beginning of the episode "River of Life," when Boober talks about "anting" and calls ants "fasci-NAY-ting li'l guys!!" it just cracks me up. I love hearing that line :laugh:
  9. charlietheowl Well-Known Member

It's not the most original choice, but I love when Uncle Matt says "the magic is always there, as long as we keep looking for it". To me, that quote means hold on to what you believe in, even if it seems far away, and keep trying to achieve it. It's a sentiment that fits in with "The Rainbow Connection".
    GopherCoffee likes this.
  10. miss kermie Well-Known Member

I like,

"The trash heap has spoken!"
    GopherCoffee likes this.
  11. Plaid Fraggle Well-Known Member

(from the episode 'Boober Gorg': )

:sigh:: "When I set a germ free, something whispers WHEEEEE--♪" "NO!!" <-:excited:
  12. Gonzo's Hobbit Well-Known Member

I like in "The Secret Society of Poobahs"
    Vangaurd: The voice you hear is that of our most noble telepathic mind read
    Mind Reader: I knew you were going to say that (or however that line is exactly)
    GopherCoffee and Plaid Fraggle like this.
  13. Plaid Fraggle Well-Known Member

In that same episode, "Ah, that Fritz, he's never there when ya need 'im!!" :jim:
  14. Gonzo's Hobbit Well-Known Member

Oh I love that one. That episode is just full of great quotes.

Red: Why don't you tell the Poohbahs to take their club, fold it five ways and give it to the Doozers

Red: So fraggle is agglefroopaded?
    Mokey: That's ightroopaded
    Red: No it's oofygoopaded
  15. Plaid Fraggle Well-Known Member

Gonzo's Hobbit you are going to make me like all your quotes if you keep spittin' out ones from the Poohbah episode :laugh: It's definitely one of my favorites
    GopherCoffee likes this.
  16. Gonzo's Hobbit Well-Known Member

Aww, thank you.
    Yea it's funny. If you were to ask me my favorite Fraggle Episode, the Poohbah one doesn't immediately pop up. But I can't help but watch it several times when I watch it. It's an addicting episode.
    GopherCoffee likes this.
  17. "I make friends with germie, he makes friends with me!"
  18. In the episode The Trash Heap Doesn't Live Here Anymore
    The line from the song Today Has Been A Perfect Day:
    "What a day for me and you, For Wembley and for Boober too."

I think I love this part of the song mostly
    because of Boober's facial expressions as Wembley's dancing around. :coy:
    Boober just looks like "ugh, how did I end up in this mess!?"

:sigh:
    GopherCoffee likes this.
  19. Wembly: This banana tree shirt is so dirty my banana trees are starting to grow!:sigh:
  20. Gonzo's Hobbit Well-Known Member

I thought Wembley said that.
    GopherCoffee likes this.