1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Favorite Fraggle quote

Discussion in 'Fraggle Rock' started by SillyRed, Jan 4, 2003.

1. SillyRed

SillyRed Member

1.Dear Nephew Gobo...Gobo usually reads those postcards
    2. the words "Silly Creatures"
    3.anything funny Red Says
    GopherCoffee likes this.
  2. mupvisiongirl

mupvisiongirl New Member

Anything said by either convincing John or Cantus. "Lose your heart and it's found" is great. And of course, anything said by the trash heap contains much knowlegde and infinite wisdome :)
    CoOKiE likes this.
  3. SillyRed

SillyRed Member

and the Fraggles making a stupid promise not to eat Doozer constructions again:p
  4. zebadee

zebadee New Member

my fav was always the wonderful question.........

"How do you sew a button onto an egg?"

Had me thinkin about it for ages. Think it may be possible if you boil the egg and let it cool down. If you wrap it in cellotape, you may be able to do it with out completely destroying the shell. Still to try it though.
    GopherCoffee likes this.
  5. Foodie

Foodie Active Member

I have several. I dunno if I have a #1 favorite, I'd hafta give it some thought. I was annoying my friend a few years back by going " Yes and no. No and yes " as Wembley did in " Gone But Not Forgotten ". I also like " Part of it but not all of it ' from... " The Honk of Honks " I belive. There's a Junior Gorg phrase ot two that I say as well. I can sort of do his voice. :)

The Trash Heap has some great lines as well as Doc & Cantus too. I love everything Gobo says.... and sings...

Nick
    GopherCoffee likes this.
  6. Gorgon Heap

Gorgon Heap Active Member

From Boober and the Glob:

Boober: "What if it does something... something globular?!"

Duet for One:
    Wembley (after crashing into Boober): "Boober, just the Fraggle I was hoping to bump into!"
    Boober (nonplussed): "What luck."

There are more but I can't think of them at the moment.

David "Gorgon Heap" Ebersole
    GopherCoffee likes this.
  7. Dominicboo1

Dominicboo1 Well-Known Member

from Don't Cry Over Spilt Milk
    Wembley-Singing that sad song made us way too happy!
    from Change of Adress
    Trash Heep-We can not leave the magic
    from Wembley's Egg
    Tree Creature-Boo boo?
    Gobo-(reading)Dear Nephew (empahsing) GOBO
  8. Tom Fraggle

Tom Fraggle Active Member

Just off the top of my head for tonight before I log...

"There are no rules... and those are the rules."
  9. Dominicboo1

Dominicboo1 Well-Known Member

Cantus-Yooooooooooooooooou are yooooooooooooou.
  10. Tom Fraggle

Tom Fraggle Active Member

When my life was so hectic and I thought I was wasting time, I do remember this one time the words of wisdom from a very wise musician. As he calmly walked by me, he looked my way and said, "No time is wasted time", and walked away just as calmly as he had approached.
    GopherCoffee likes this.
  11. Bliffenstimmers

Bliffenstimmers Active Member

So far, the entire court sequence from "I Don't Care" (I'm only halfway through the first season)
    muppetfan24/7 and Gonzo's Hobbit like this.
  12. PanthraDion

PanthraDion Well-Known Member

At the beginning of "Bored Stiff" (season 3) Wembley and Gobo are going on an adventure. Wembley is very excited about going on an adventure with Gobo. He then starts talking about an adventurous expedition.
  13. miss kermie

miss kermie Well-Known Member

"The Trash Heap Has Spoken!!!"
    Dominicboo1 likes this.
  14. Collgoff

Collgoff Well-Known Member

Mine is " You cannot leave the magic!"
    CoOKiE likes this.
  15. FrackleFan2012

FrackleFan2012 Well-Known Member

Almost the entire scene of Manny's Land of Carpets where the Fraggles argue where they want to go. ("Manny's Land of Carpets!" "Bubba's Burger Barn!" "Sally Spotless Cleaners!") LOL!

Also, the Trash Heap's "You cannot leave the magic."
    Plaid Fraggle likes this.
  16. muppetfan24/7

muppetfan24/7 Well-Known Member

Well, Gob knows that the "box" and the voice inside of it is driving them nuts. Other than that, I really laughed at that episode early this summer before I found out that oh man Jerry was gone. I thought Jerry and Gobo we're part of each other. Man, I can't believe I miss him.
    FrackleFan2012 likes this.
  17. Gonzo's Hobbit

Gonzo's Hobbit Well-Known Member

I've got quite a few. Unfortunately the only one that comes to mind at the moment is
    "I don't know if my head works any better than my stomach. Maybe I should start thinking with my tail." By Wembley from "Voice Inside"

I also like when Red says "Who is this guys?" in reference to Cantus.
    GopherCoffee likes this.
  18. muppetfan24/7

muppetfan24/7 Well-Known Member

Oh my gosh! Yeah, I LOVED that episode and I start to laugh when that quote came up from Wembley when he finds out that Gobo is in trouble. Hee Hee! :coy:

What was the episode when Red said, "Who is this guys?" in a reference to Cantus?
    GopherCoffee likes this.
  19. Gonzo's Hobbit

Gonzo's Hobbit Well-Known Member

It's the Episode "The Minstrels" Red's trying to figure out how to hear her song and Cantus keeps responding in that way that Cantus talks where he gives you the answer but it seems kinda vague and unless you're paying attention you don't quite get it. The reason I like Red's response is because I figure that's probably how I'd respond if I tried talking to someone like that :excited:
    GopherCoffee likes this.
  20. Beige Fraggle

Beige Fraggle Member

"Everything is important. Either that or nothing is. I prefer the former." ~ Cantus in The Honk of Honks

"We each lead ourselves, and we all lead each other." ~ Mokey in Mokey, Then and Now

"I'm beginning to think everything's magic... if you see it that way." ~ Gobo in Change of Address

Boober's plea to the Silly Creatures in The River of Life is one of the most moving speeches in the entire series, in my opinion.
    Plaid Fraggle likes this.