Favorite Ernie & Bert Moments

TravellingMatt

Reaction score
SOOOOOOOO many to choose from!

Ernie putting the pot on Bert's head...and his explanation as to why Bert has to do so.

Ernie & Bert go fishing, and Ernie catches all the fish. "HEEEEEEERE FISHY FISHY FISHY!!!!"

Ernie & Bert play the Rhyming Game.

Ernie and the Boogie Woogie Sheep dance themselves to sleep...and throw Bert out of the apartment in the process.

Ernie & Bert sing "But I Like You" at bedtime.

Ernie & Bert play a game with Ernie's drum set. (Good thing Animal wasn't around!)

Ernie spoils Bert's nephew Brad a bit *too* much with his bath toys.

Ernie plays with his new disguise kit, and Bert thinks the Big Bad Wolf is Ernie in disguise.

Bert plays checkers with his pigeon, Bernice.

Ernie & Bert sing "La La La" about the letter L.

Ernie sings "Dee Dee Dee" while Cookie serves as prop master.

Ernie meets Bert's brother Bart.

The Gift of the Magi from "Christmas Eve on Sesame Street".

Bert sings about love while dressed as Cupid...then loses it over his costume. (We actually see a tear roll down Ernie's cheek onto his nose during this song!)

Ernie and Bert engage in "small talk" with a thoroughly alienated Doc. (From "Muppet Family Xmas")

Ernie wakes up Bert to tell him it's time for his nap.

Bert is waiting for his brass band to show up (their instruments beat them to Sesame Street). Bob sings a song about a brass band and soon the entire Street starts a parade with the instruments...just when the band shows up.

Traveling Matt

Reaction score
"Dance Myself to Sleep" - HANDS DOWN, the most clever sketch ever performed by Bert and Ernie.

My all-time fav SS moment.

- Billy :cool:

Jackie

Reaction score
When Bert needs a friend to play with him. And Ernie is there the whole time :smile:

Natalie

Reaction score
yes, definitely Dance Myself to Sleep

but also the one where they go to the Egyptian pyramids and there are two mummies, one who looks like Bert and one like Ernie, and the Ernie look alike is like alive and starts dancing and singing with Ernie.

Jackie

Reaction score
Originally posted by ngirl23
yes, definitely Dance Myself to Sleep

but also the one where they go to the Egyptian pyramids and there are two mummies, one who looks like Bert and one like Ernie, and the Ernie look alike is like alive and starts dancing and singing with Ernie.
"...he knows Rubber Ducky, Bert"

"Sure Ernie..."

Natalie

Reaction score
Hey! i love how all of you know so many quotes and lines from stuff. My bro has a tape called "the Best of Ernie and Bert" and it has sooo many funny ones on it including that Egyptian one. You should all check it out

ssetta

Reaction score
Well, Sesame Street sure has stopped using old clips pretty much, but occasionally, they will throw in an old Bert & Ernie skit. Here are the ones they have used last season:

Ernie brings home a puppy.

"Dance Myself to Sleep"

"I Don't Want To Live On The Moon"

Ernie teaches his cousin to say "Er-nie."

Ernie and Bert go fishing.

Bert's portrait.

Ernie eats cookies in bed.

"But I Like You"

Ernie teaches his pigeon to play checkers.

And they have used Rubber Duckie and La La La with the original audio recordings, but they did re-do the segments.

Joggy

Reaction score
Ernie wears socks over his ears for the "Guess What I'm Thinking Of Game" where Bert has to guess what bodypart Ernie's thinking of.

The Classic "Banana In The Ear" skits

THE ZYDECO ADDING SONG.

Jackie

Reaction score
How about when Ernie tries to make a shopping list? LOL!!! He writes with chocolate sauce!

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
Originally posted by Jakkie
How about when Ernie tries to make a shopping list? LOL!!! He writes with khokolate sause!
Hey, don't laugh---that's what I use to write out the reseets for kustomers in the phone mart!

LOL!

:big_grin: