*Cookie Disco
*Me Lost Me Cookie At The Disco
*Bits from Christmas Eve on SS
*Bits from Don't Eat The Pictures
*Bits from Follow That Bird

Rosewood

Reaction score
"Cookie tries to pass as Big Birds Granny"

I know its not an old classic, but the part in #4086 where Cookie Monster tries to disguise himself to pass as Big Bird's "Granny Bird" in order to get the cookies Big Bird has baked for her is pretty hilarious!

Hey Ziffel, does the "Princess and the Cookie" segment you refered to happen to be the one where Cookie plays the princess who has a cookie placed under a pile of matresses, (parallel to "The Princess and the Pea" storie), and when he / she can't sleep, instead of discovering the cookie, he decides to eat the matresses? :confused:

Ziffel

Reaction score
Rosewood said:
Hey Ziffel, does the "Princess and the Cookie" segment you refered to happen to be the one where Cookie plays the princess who has a cookie placed under a pile of matresses, (parallel to "The Princess and the Pea" storie), and when he / she can't sleep, instead of discovering the cookie, he decides to eat the matresses? :confused:
You got it, that's the one! I posted about it in detail a few months ago. Click here and read post #11.

An extremely funny and bizarre skit that was!

mikebennidict

Reaction score
anyone remember this skit where he's surrounded by Cookies and he sings the song, don't know what it was called might of been called Please givw cookie to me. nobody loves cookie as much as me oh please give cookie to me.

Ziffel

Reaction score
I remember that one. The song was pretty catchy with good music. I don't know what the title was either. He did say "nobody love cookie as much as me, oh please give cookie to me" several times in the song. There was one lyric where he said, "When I was older I went in to school ...."

I used this sketch in my "Cookie Monster eating healthier in news" thread as an example of how much he loves cookies. Other examples are the classic "C is for cookie, that's good enough for me" song and "the smallest one gets the cookie" skit where he shrinks himself to get the cookie and says, "I do ANYTHING for cookie."

Rosewood

Reaction score
CM eats Earnies Ukelele

:smile: I think I described this somewhere else on this forum, but for the life of me I can't find it, so I'll put it here:

Ernie is showing us his ukelele when CM suddenly shows up;

E: "Oh, no you don't!
CM: "Dont do what?"
E: "You came to eat my ukelele, I just know it!"
CM: "Who say me only eat things? Me crushed!"
E: "Well, you just do! It's inevitable."
CM: "Me dissapointed you judge me like that. For you information, me can play ukelele!"
E: "Realy? You mean to tell me, if I let you take my ukelele, you would actualy PLAY it?"
CM: "Sure! Here, me show you!"
E: "Well, O.K., if you promise to PLAY it."
CM: "Ya, ya, ya!!!!!"
Ernie hands the ukelele over to Cookie, who then proceeds to play and sing "Tip-toe, through the tulips" (At a rather rapid pace), ending with an added few repeats of the phrase "through the tulips!" (escalation in pitch and speed with each one) making his finally "Through the tulips!, Through the tulips! Through the tulips!.... Tip-toe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
E(astonished): "Wow! You realy did play it!"
CM: "Ya! And me can do other things with it, to!
E: "Oh? What else can you do with a ukelele?"
CM: (with fiendish grin) "Me can EAT ukelele!!!!!"
And, as Ernie looks on in dismay, CM proceeds to do so. :stick_out_tongue:

Fuzzy and Blue

Reaction score
I may have posted in here before, but after watching an episode on demand (it was in the 37 or 3800's), I saw a sketch where Cookie has a cookie and says, "mmmm....cookie!" Then, he sees a pinkish girl AM walk by, so he breaks the cookie in half and says, "Share." But when he eats it in his normal Cookie Monster-fashion, the girl AM eats it the same way! Does this sketch ring a bell to anyone?

~Dana~

Mickey Moose

Reaction score
Fuzzy and Blue said:
I may have posted in here before, but after watching an episode on demand (it was in the 37 or 3800's), I saw a sketch where Cookie has a cookie and says, "mmmm....cookie!" Then, he sees a pinkish girl AM walk by, so he breaks the cookie in half and says, "Share." But when he eats it in his normal Cookie Monster-fashion, the girl AM eats it the same way! Does this sketch ring a bell to anyone?

~Dana~
Yep, I remember that one. The reaction on Cookie's face is priceless.

Ziffel

Reaction score
I remember that one also. It was from the 70's. I would guess more like 1975 than 69-74 though. That's about my earliest memory of it.
Remember the music that plays until Cookie says 'Share"? A violin solo, as Sesame Mike mentioned about this sketch a while back in another Cookie Monster thread.

superfan

Reaction score
Am I correct in recalling the fact that the pink AM shyly walked up to Cookie and looked up at him as if to beg, "Oh, please, can I have your cookie, pleease?"
Such a cute skit!