Favorite Cookie Monster Moments

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Hmmm. Let's see there were a lot. I especially liked...

"If Moon Were Cookie." I also liked "Healthy Food" and "Me Lost Me Cookie at the Disco." (Actually, I don't think I've ever really seen that sketch, but I have the audio downloaded on my computer) Let's see what else was there. Hmmm. His appearances in "Ernie presents," "Monsterpiece Theater, etc." I'll probably think of more later on.

rjschex

Reaction score
Remember this one, from the 70's?

Cookie Monster, while blindfolded, is waiting for a baker to arrive with cookies. He feels something large and round, and takes a bite into it. POP! Sssssss! A little girl muppet says that he just bit into her inner tube. (Yuch! You bake rubbery cookie!)

mikebennidict

Reaction score
i'm sure the one with cookie going to the bakery to have a birthday cookie made for him was mentioned. but here's something to think about. we saw hoe he was imagining the cookie the baker was discribing. while we could see it. the baker i'm sure couldn't. so all see would see was cookie eating nothing but air.

Klonoa

Reaction score
Anyone remember the series of skits where Cookie spends the night at Ernie's and has nightmares about cookies? The singing cookies torturing him in his nightmare looked like Pac-Man.

--Klonoa

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
Anyone remember the series of skits where Cookie spends the night at Ernie's and has nightmares about cookies? The singing cookies torturing him in his nightmare looked like Pac-Man.
I don't remember that one, but I do remember a skit where The Count spent the night at Ernie's and slept in Bert's bed. (I'm not sure where Bert had gone off to. Maybe he was visiting his brother Bart!)
Anyway, The Count kept Ernie up all night counting imaginary sheep and in the morning Ernie looked really freaky, with zombie eyes.

Anyway, I'm sure a lot of these have already been said, but some of my favorite Cookie Monster moments include the sketches he did with Kermit in trying to introduce letters, numbers and concepts to children. I also love the "If Moon Were Cookie" song, "C is for Cookie", "Me Lost Me Cookie at the Disco" (I've only heard this song, I'd love to see the actual video), The song where he sings about a friend being someone you give up last cookie for (that was awesome!), "Healthy Food" (hey, it actually made me want to eat vegetables and fruit), and Cookie Monster's scenes in "Christmas Eve on Sesame Street" were great too. Has anyone ever seen the 1991 PBS fundraiser special "Big Bird's Birthday"? There's some great Cookie Monster moments in there, wherein Cookie Monster eats half of Sesame Street!!! We're talking tables, chairs, the tire or tyre swing, lamppost, Sesame Street sign, everything! It was great.

And I can't forget "The Ballad of Casey McPhee". I loved that song as a child. (Ok, I still do. I listen to it on my "Platinum" albums. If anyone wants some classic Sesame Street songs on cassette tape or compact disc, pick those albums up!) (sorry, I don't think any 8 tracks or LPs were made. Not even 45s!)

:smile:

Teankun

Reaction score
I remember the nightmare skit. I loved the ending. After Cookie wakes up, Ernie offers him a plate full of cookies. Cookie Monster screams and runs through the wall.
Ernie is confused, "Cookie Monster afraid of cookies? I don't believe it."
Cookie Monster returns. "Me no believe it either. Let me at them. Cookies!!" And digs in.

I also like skit where Maria offers him some healthy treats such as apples and carrot sticks. He was reluctant at first, but loved them all. aer they were done Maria starts to clear the dishes

I liked the skit where he is about to eat a cookie, then a sad violin plays and poor, shaw-covered, sad-eyed girl muppet shows up. She looked so pathetic, of course he shrugged, and decided to share.

Liked coat skit, especially when his arms go around the lady.

I loved "The Ballad of Casey McPhee" especially his comment on avalanch taste.

My favorites are probably were "I do anything for cookie," including shrinking, smashing a safe, and ringing a bell with a hammer.

But one obscure skit, probably before he was the Cookie Monster, was were Little Bird was next to a radiator, then a window, then a boy muppet. Cookie Monster shows up, boy takes off (some freind). Cookie Monster takes Little Bird in a big bear hug. "Hello, freind"

HarveyK

Reaction score
cookie

We can't even mention the 39 stairs in our house because my 2 year old will be in tears it frightens her so much!
I remember messing with our tv in the seventies because I thought it would make the monsters in the background come in better during the C is for Cookie skit.
My favorite is when he is driving a train and there is a song that goes something like "Through, through, through, he got the train through...."
Anyone recall?

CaptainYoda

Reaction score
GeeBee said:
I loved "Up and Down" with Cookie and Herry.
The first (the best) version of the early 70's had Cookie and Herry in their early forms, singing behind a wall and a blank background. At the end, Cookie reveals that he is looking up for his cookie because "a birdie picked it up and flew away with it up in the sky." As Cookie goes away, pleading for the bird to come back, it flies over Herry and drops the cookie in his hands and he casually eats it.
That is one of my favorites as well. Does anybody know if thats available either on DVD or at least the song on a CD????

Dantecat

Reaction score
It's On The 1995 CD:C Is For Cookie(Cookie's Favorite Songs)! :wink: