Favorite Cookie Monster Moments

TravellingMatt

Reaction score
Kermit tries to get Cookie Monster to write a poem about something other than cookies, so Cookie decides to write one about galoshes. However, he goes off the wagon and mentions cookies anyway, and then eats some cookies that he stashed in the galoshes.

Cookie dressed like Isaac Hayes circa the 70's and singing a "Shaft"-type song about himself.

Maria shows Cookie a math program (with cookies) showing subtraction on a computer, and Cookie almost eats the computer.

Cookie's classic rendition of "C Is For Cookie" with a bunch of monsters including Grover, Herry and Oscar in the background.

Cookie and Herry (first nose) singing the circle song.

Cookie demolishing Kermit's rectangle.

Cookie disguising himself as Ernie and eating Bert's cookies. When Bert questions Ernie, Ernie claims his innocence, then Cookie shows up in Ernie garb.

THis skit scared me as a kid, but now I think it's funny--Cookie aggravating a librarian by constantly asking for cookies. He finally gets the hint that there are no cookies, so he asks for a book about cookies...and a glass of juice.

"Fuzzy and Blue and Orange".

Cookie and Luis talking about the letter M, which reminds Cookie of...well, you know.

Prairie Dawn and crew try to get Cookie to get "She'll Be Comin' Round The Mountain" right. Cookie goes over, under, and through the mountain before Prairie has to chase him around the mountain with a cookie.

Traveling Matt

Reaction score
The Allistair Cookie skits, with Cookie gobbling at the end to the music of the violins :smile:

- Billy :cool:

MIKEB97

Reaction score
* Cookie Monster's weather rendition of "Eating Cookie" (Making Whoopie)
* Cookie Monster putting the librarian into a nervous breakdown
* Cookie Monster eating Gordon's "J". "D? Yeah, Yeah, LICIOUS!"
* Cookie destroying Kermit's "W"
* Cookie demolishing Kermit's "B"
* Cookie Monster talks about the telephone and Maria and Luis enter. They eat the phone in Cookie Monster voices to see if it's good.
* Cookie Monster singing "Me Lost Me Cookie at the Disco"
* Kermit talks about the number five and Herry enters blindfolded. He demolishes the number 5 and exits. Cookie enters bilndfolded and eats the broken number.
* Cookie settles an arguments between a boy and a girl who were fighting over a cookie delcaring that the smallest person get the cookie. He shrinks himself down and get the cookie. "I do ANYTHING for COOKIE!"
* Gone with the wind, the 39 stairs, Room at The Top, Wating for Elmo
* Cookie and Herry eating a bicycle after Kermit tells them to share.
* Cookie on "First" and "Last".
*The Letter of the Day skits.

furryfella

Reaction score
yeah or my favorite cookie moment is when him & herry sing M monster milk or when cookie is in the library trying to find a his cookie & the man says shhhhhhh!! :big_grin:

ssetta

Reaction score
There are a few that were left out:

"The Ballad Of Casey McPhee"
"If I Knew You Were Coming I'd've Baked A Cake" (Was that ever on the show?)
"Birthday Cookie"
"Cookie Eats Guy Smiley in Bakery"
"Up And Down" with him and Herry

He does an experiment on what cookie shape tests best, tries them all, and declares, tummy shaped.

And all those songs he did that were by Chris Cerf:

"Cookie Disco"
"Me Gotta Be Blue"
"Me Going To Munch You, Munch You, Munch You"
"Hey Food"
"Handful Of Crumbs"
"They Not Take That Away From Me"
"Healthy Food"

And many others, too many to name.

Joggy

Reaction score
Kermit tries to play a guessing game with Cookie - if he guesses what's in the mystery box, he'll get a cookie. Of course Cookie loses because he keeps saying it's a cookie ("It's an ORANGE!" "Oh, that an easy clue. It an ORANGE! Me win cookie now!") When he hears the news that he won't get the cookie, he gets all sentimental with Kermit. "You know froggie. Life is not all about silly guessing game. It about friends who can be a friend and give friend, who LOVES cookies, a cookie."

Ernie has four apples and writes 4 on the blackboard. Then Cookie comes along and wants to take one, so Ernie crosses out the 4 and turns it into a 3, but then Cookie changes his mind and puts the fourth apple back, so Ernie crosses his 3 out and writes 4, and Cookie changes his mind again... etc. The sketch ends with Ernie going crazy writing threes and fours on the blackboard.

Many of the already stated songs (especially Casey Macphee and Hand Full Of Crumbs)

Billy's Girl

Reaction score
When he raps about Healthy Food. It's very 'un-cookie monster' behaviour but the song rocks!!!

And just the noise when he eats the cookies. I know many people who unknown to them do a great imitation of cookie monster when they eat.:big_grin:

Gonzo

Reaction score
I like the ones where he eats cookies!

Some of my favorite moments/songs/sketches/whatever:

Nearly all of the Monsterpiece Theatre Sketches--a "recent" favorite was "1 Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest"

"C is for Cookie"
"If I Knew You Were Coming..."
"Casey McPhee"--always used to scare the hoo-hoo right out of me
"If Moon Was Cookie"
"Goodbye Little Cookie"
"Breakfast Time" with Ernie--GREAT song!
"Handful of Crumbs"
"Me Gotta Be Blue"

Cookie Monster EATING Susan's VW Beetle in "Follow That Bird"

Cookie eating Bert's cookies

Cookie's voiceover of that nasty little kid eating the chocolate cookies in the highchair, and getting the cookies ALL over their face! YUCKKKK!!!! But very funny stuff.

Quinnnnnnnn

ssetta

Reaction score
Was "If I Knew You Were Coming I'd've Baked A Cake" ever on the show? And also, can someone tell me what "Handful of Crumbs" was like? I've heard the song, but I've never seen the segment.

Splurge

Reaction score
Originally posted by Joggy

Ernie has four apples and writes 4 on the blackboard. Then Cookie comes along and wants to take one, so Ernie crosses out the 4 and turns it into a 3, but then Cookie changes his mind and puts the fourth apple back, so Ernie crosses his 3 out and writes 4, and Cookie changes his mind again... etc. The sketch ends with Ernie going crazy writing threes and fours on the blackboard.

Many of the already stated songs (especially Casey Macphee and Hand Full Of Crumbs)
<P>
I have a particular like for that skit, because this time Cookie Monster was a threat for <i>not</i> eating something.