Fave Muppeteer(s)

Kiki

Reaction score
So. What is your favorite Muppeteer(s) and why?

Mine would have to be:
Richard Hunt: Because he's so totally groovy and has rully good vocal talents.
Frank Oz: Because he's a great performer and I love his characters.
But I can't really make up my mind. i love all the Muppet performers but those two would have ta be my faves. I think on s'more.
What 'bout you guys?
-Kiki

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Richarl hunt: Because he has to be one of the most on point Mupperteers I've ever seen in my life.

Frank Oz: Beacuse you canot be more of a talnet that that.

Jim Henson: Because he's the Master.

I just love them all, there all so great and talanted people.

Muppet Newsgirl

Reaction score
I was waiting for someone to post something like this.

1. Richard Hunt. Heartfelt, hilarious Hunt. 'Nuff said.
2. Jim Henson. Why not?
3. Jerry Nelson. Man of many voices.

But let's face it, they're all outstanding, ya know?

Skye

Reaction score
I love this topic.

Richard Hunt: Priceless, wonderful, hilarious, and versatile. Definitely one of the best, in my opinion. And one of the best, best, best singers.

Steve Whitmire: Fun, funny, and entertaining. Also can be quite versatile. Not to mention, he's also a great singer.

Jerry Nelson: For his extreme versatility, and his wonderful singing voice. Hm, anyone noticing a pattern developing here?

Vic Romano

Reaction score
For me it's Jim. It's one thing to be able to perform other voices, but Jim was able to perform other personalities. Not just stereotypical or general emotional types; but clear and definitive personalities. I think Frank pulled that off really well too.
Lately though I've been super impressed with Bill Baretta. What a witty guy. He's so crafty and sharp, clearly he can improvise and work off the cuff very well.

Beauregard

Reaction score
BBB, SSS, SWAEHB, RHLC...need I say more?

Ok, I need.

Dave G; From Gonzo, to Bunsen, to Beauregard, to Zoot...this man puts an unexpected twist on the traditional...

Jim H; His Kermit is unsurpassed by any puppet ever. Simply seeing Kermit on his hand even if he's not saying or doing anything has such a dynamic...

Jerry N; The voices! Oh, the voices!

Steve W; has blonde hair (Er...long story)

Giar Fraggle

Reaction score
Dave all the way! :concern::cool::confused:

I knew I was going to have to explain this someday...well, here goes.

The first reason Dave is so awesome is because I tend to identify with him. We're both shy, wear glasses, and have a weird sense of humor. Also, like him, I don't have a background in entertainment, but I puppeteer because it's what I love to do.

The second reason is because that guy has worked so hard throughout his career, and he kept trying even when things must have seemed bleak. He had the courage to audition for Jim, sing in a production for the first time, get that first laugh from the crew on The Muppet Show, and ride a roller coaster for an episode of Fraggle Rock. I really, really admire him for that. (And let's not forget his puppetbuilding and engineering skills--genius!) He's also the only pre-Muppet Show puppeteer who's still with the Muppets (not counting Jerry because he only does SS nowadays).

And the third and final reason is because his characters have been my absolute favorites since I was a moderately-sized baby.

I hope you all enjoyed that mini-essay, and even if you didn't, well, you asked for it.

Vic Romano

Reaction score
Giar Fraggle said:
I hope you all enjoyed that mini-essay, and even if you didn't, well, you asked for it.
I did not ask for it! I... oh wait... I did, it's right here on my Christmas list! Thank you, Santa! Er, I mean Giar; I guess Dave does have a lot o' good characteristics to him.

Beauregard

Reaction score
...you're just saying that becuase your name is really Dave, Vic...

And, actually, come to think of it, I asked for it on my Christmas list...see, "Giar with essay"...oh! Wait, that's Santa's Naughty and Nice list...

Giar Fraggle

Reaction score
Ho ho ho! You're welcome, little cabbage! Now off with you, the line is getting long, my break's in five minutes, and the food court is calling my name.

Am I on the naughty or nice part? :halo: