Farscape Receives First Emmy Nomination

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Jim Henson Television's Farscape(TM) Receives First Emmy(R) Nomination
Courtesy of Yahoo News

Award-Winning Sci-Fi Series, Distributed on Home Video By ADV Films, Nominated For Outstanding Costumes for a Series

The Academy of Television Arts & Sciences has announced that Farscape, the acclaimed Jim Henson Television sci-fi series called "the best science-fiction series on TV" by TV Guide, has received its first Emmy® award nomination, for Outstanding Costumes for a Series. The episode cited, "Into the Lion's Den (Part 1)," featured Terry Ryan's work as Costume Designer, with Lyn Askew as Costume Supervisor. The 54th Annual Emmy® Awards will be announced on September 22, 2002.

"We're tremendously excited about Farscape's Emmy® nomination," said ADV President, CEO and Founder John Ledford. "The extraordinary costumes that the Henson team creates for the show are an indispensable element of Farscape's seamless blend of seriously creative science fiction and deeply complex character development. We're exceptionally proud to be a part of the Farscape family."

"Farscape's Emmy® nomination is a testament to the creativity featured in the series from costumes and writing, to special effects, makeup, and all other production elements," said Michael R. Polis, Senior Vice President of Marketing Worldwide for The Jim Henson Company. "We are very pleased to continue our relationship with ADV films to bring 'Into the Lion's Den' and the rest of Farscape's third season to DVD and VHS."

Other Farscape honors:

Farscape received the Saturn Award, given by the Academy of Science Fiction, Fantasy and Horror Films, for Best Syndicated Cable/Television Series in 2001 and 2002. Series star Ben Browder ("Commander John Crichton") received the 2002 Saturn Award for Best Actor on Television.

Viewing:

Farscape is broadcast weekly (Fridays, 10 p.m. ET/PT) on SCI FI; ADV Films will release "Into the Lion's Den (Part 1)" on DVD and VHS as part of the upcoming Farscape: Season 3 home video release, scheduled for 2003. Previous seasons of Farscape episodes are currently available on DVD and VHS from ADV Films; the newest release, Farscape: Season 2 Volume 2.2 will be available in stores August 27, 2002.

About Farscape:
Visit the Farscape website at www.scifi.com/farscape/ .

About The Jim Henson Company:

The Jim Henson Company, an established leader in family entertainment for more than 45 years, is a multimedia production company; one of the top character licensors in the industry; a leading publisher of children's books and home to Jim Henson Television, Jim Henson Pictures, Jim Henson Interactive, Jim Henson Home Entertainment and Jim Henson's Creature Shop(TM). The Company is headquartered in Los Angeles with offices and production facilities in New York and London. The Jim Henson Company is a wholly owned subsidiary of EM.TV & Merchandising AG based in Munich, Germany. The Jim Henson Company website is located at: www.henson.com .

About ADV:

ADV Films is Anime -- and more. In 1992 ADV Films (ADV) transformed a niche market into a global industry by bringing Japanese animation to North America and beyond. As the #1 distributor of Japanese animation, ADV's holdings include such premier titles as: Spriggan, Sailor Moon, Samurai X, Medabots, Robotech, Gasaraki and Neon Genesis Evangelion. ADV's commitment to genre programming, including popular science fiction programs such as Gene Roddenberry's Andromeda, Farscape and Gamera: Guardian of the Universe has helped ADV become a burgeoning entertainment powerhouse. For more information, visit ADV on the web at www.advfilms.com .

http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/020816/daf020_1.html

EmmyMik

Reaction score
To be totally off topic...

Can we make it a cool new rule that whenever people talk about me they have to say "Emmy®"?

:big_grin:

Traveling Matt

Reaction score
Originally posted by EmmyMik
Can we make it a cool new rule that whenever people talk about me they have to say "Emmy®"?
Emmy, are you feeling ok? :frown:

:stick_out_tongue:

- Billy :cool:

Cantus Rock

Reaction score
Hehe, well, more on the subject:

That ROCKS! I was just watching Frascape a little while ago. What a great show. It seems to have taken well with the Sci-fi crowd also, so I'm sure it will be around for many more seasons. Ah...on a channel that only shows my fav. show on Saturday early mornings (Mystery Science Theater 3000...watch it, wont you?), it is nice to see that beacon of light that is, Farscape :big_grin:

-Matt

EmmyMik

Reaction score
Originally posted by Janice & Mokey's Man

LOL!

And how do you do that R in a sirkle thingy?

:confused:
lol, good question.

I just did a copy and paste on "Emmy®" and there I go...