Farscape: Into the Lion's Den

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Just wanted to get some opinions on Friday's Farscape episode. Part 2 will continue next week.

Haven't seen the tape yet myself. But how was it? Especially in light of the good Rygel episode the week before.

Also, are you a regular Farscape watcher or do you just watch occasionally? Or have you never watched? Why or why not?

dwmckim

Reaction score
Regular obsessed scaper viewer here - but most people here already know that :smile:

Traditionally, each season so far has ended with a four-part arc...i'd actually say this season though the THIRD from the last episode is really where the season ender begins whereas last week's ep story-wise was more of a transitional episode.

In so many ways, it almost seems like they're getting set to wrap up the series...and if this was most other shows, this is the kind of stuff you would see at the very end...but we've got at least another two years coming so really this is just the mid-point of a longer story! It was also our first glimpse of one of the new characters previewed in TV Guide and i'm quite impressed with her! The show just continues to get more epic and i was probably more on-the-edge-of-my-seat with this episode than i was with Nerve in Season one or Liars,Guns, & Money pt 1 in season 2!

Schala

Reaction score
Avid Farscape watcher and vid maker here. ^_^

Personally, I liked IYYY better than this week's for some reason. I think it might have something to do with the fact that that ep was more in the spirit of the original episodes that got me into Farscape than the darker ones of season 3. (Plus it had Scorpy and Ryg working together, as well as Braca-bashing! What's not to love?)

But that's not saying I didn't like the ep. I loved the WWII scenes with Harvey, it was just soo cute with Harvey hugging his gun and saying he'll try. I also love the look Scorpy has this whole episode (well, when he isn't being beat up), he looks really happy that his dreams (violent as they may be) are finally going to be realized. Other favs were the shippy Jool&D'Argo scene, the relationship with Aeryn & her old friend, as well as other things I can't remember at the moment.

Which is my major gripe. It's not a totally memorable episode. Considering it's season 1&2 versions (Hidden Memory and LGM2), it's not as exciting. However this may have to do with the fact that I have already seen the next two episodes, which were mind-blowing (don't worry I'm not gonna spoil anything). But that's also the thing. Even though I had already seen IYYY, I was glued to the TV again. Yet I kept finding other things more interesting when this was on.

Plus this had Crais making out with his ex-girlfriend. ::shudder::

(Yay for my first post on these boards!)

Cindy

Staff member
Reaction score
Schala said:

(Yay for my first post on these boards!)
Alright! Way to go Schala, we're all so proud of you. Welcome to the forum! :smile:

Schala

Reaction score
Hehehe, why thank you! I was at the old forums, but that was my first post here. ^_^

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Farscape--

I never get a chance to see much TV, and I've only caught one and a half episodes of it so far.

It's MUCH better than Star Trek ever was.

-
Capt. Foz T. Krunk

Scrid

Reaction score
Phil,
I saw parts of one episode, once. It looked interesting, but I live in the land beyond cable, and I won't get a dish because Caltrans is planning to run a widening of the highway through my dining room.
TV Mc Arthur

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I guess then you'll be eating a lot of drive-thru/take out, huh?