Farscape (comic) Issue #12

dwmckim

Reaction score
Due to the stuff that's been happening to me, i have to confess that i've been reading the Muppet/Farscape comics in the store instead of buying them (but i have every intention of buying them once i have a decent steady income again so it's on the honor system), but i was really amazed after reading the latest issue of Farscape - particularly the things that end up happening to Grayza and Aeryn. (I'm avoiding spoilers since this just came up - but as the thread goes on, it will most likely include the spoilers)

Since the Farscape comics debuted, i've gone through the same emotional roller-coaster i always got watching the show - what with all the bellylaughs, tears, gasps of surprise, etc. There's always been something in each issue that just surprises or amazes me and leaves me wanting more and i've been a 100% satisfied fan reading these.

But - wow - the place Aeryn (and by extention the rest of Moya's crew) finds herself in...i never imagined the story would ever end up with her there! It's a great place for them to be as the story approaches the big war that will be taking place as the "regular" Farscape comic and the Farscape: Scorpius comics intersect but it's also a little bittersweet because while i'm sure that battle will encompass the next one (or two) four-issue are, i'm wondering where things can go from there - it actually feels like the whole stories coming to a conclusion and i'm wondering if within the next year, it will actually reach An Ending which i really dread.

I'm sure there's other plotthreads and story elements that can be mined - like the Nebari threat that's been left hanging since the end of season two of the show - but wow...it just seems like they're writing themselves into a conclusion whether they mean to or not. Which i'm really not wanting to see happen.

But, this is from the team that continually surprises and amazes and has kept the story going even when it seemed like it was reaching a conclusion before so we shall see.