FanFic Library Index

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Thank you MissPiggyFan98. Yes, your story could be added to the list... Unfortunately, because of the new forum layout/changes, I'm unable to edit even my own posts to add stories where they should go. So unless something can be done, I'm afraid this index is pretty much dead. :cry:

MissPiggyFan98

Reaction score
Ah, I see. Maybe some new advance will be made. Or, we could always start a new thread. What do you think?

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Well... The problem with creating a new thread is that it would still prove uneditable whenever the next story posted by someone else gets finished and they post asking if it can get added. Plus, it would be better not to clutter the forum with duplicate threads.
Hope this answers your question... Count down, like, rully down. :frown:

Slackbot

Reaction score
Is the problem that old posts are simply not editable by administrators, or that the interface is a problem visually? Has Philip said that it can't be corrected?

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Okay... Just cchecked something with my previous post, and it looks like I can indeed edit posts (at least my own should be no problem). The issue now is whether it'll allow me to add new stories' URL's given the newly-imposed post character limit.

And Kim, what happened under the old set-up was that I could navigate post by post with my Jaws screenreader because each post was separated from each other by their individual checkboxes, which equated to a form field, so all I had to do was start at the bottom, press the F-button to get to the last posted post, then press the B-button to move to the top of the current page, and I'd be able to move easily back down through the replies. Now... Not so much as it all bleeds from one post to the next. The only form field I have is the one at the bottom to post my own reply, and I have to either do a "sentence up" or Page Up to get to the last ones that I haven't read yet.
Actually, I can use the F-button to move down post by post from the top once again, so that's a small victory... What I need to know now is how to change my settings so that the checkbox labelling the post with its poster and number within the thread switches from being at the bottom of the post to located at the top of a post. Any ideas?

And the main index itself in the thread's first post can't be updated until we get this stupid 10000-character posting limit removed. :grouchy:

Slackbot

Reaction score
Whew. I'm glad we won't have to lose this resource. As for the post size limit... I'm lobbying for an extension of that, but if it doesn't happen, perhaps a new thread, with the first four or so posts being the index (code copied & pasted from the old post, of course), separated by sections so there's plenty of room to grow? I know it's an icky kludge, but it would keep the index from getting hosed.

Ugh, I'm not glad to hear that this forum doesn't work so well with your reader. I wish I had a suggestion for that, kludgy or not. :frown:

Slackbot

Reaction score
The post length limit has been pushed way back thanks to some annoying lobbyists :wink: , so the first post in this thread should be editable once more.

Hurm, it looks like edited posts don't display the edit date at the bottom, so it won't be obvious when the index is updated. Feh.

Status
Not open for further replies.