FanFic Brainstorming Campaign

Ruahnna

Reaction score
Okay-I couldn't figure out the best way to do it, so I hope this works. I have some "new story" story ideas rolling around in my head like gumballs, but I can't get any of the durn things to drop! How about we throw a little brainstorming party and see if we can't ignite a bunch of new story ideas. Post anything--not matter how silly--that you're willing to share (willing to have another author take that idea and write a story about it). Don't post anything you (wonderful you!) are going to write yourself--just write it already and POST IT HERE FOR US TO READ!!!!
Any ideas out there? We're got some great muppet authors and I know there is untapped potential. Here's a hackney'd but time-tested one:
If someone (Doctor Honeydew) invented a Time Machine, what would the muppets (individually or as a group) use it for? To study history? To fix a problem? Save a friend? Save a joke? Save a show? Find Animal's parents? Find Big Bird's parents? Return a big purple dinosaur....

Slackbot

Reaction score
Okay-I couldn't figure out the best way to do it, so I hope this works. I have some "new story" story ideas rolling around in my head like gumballs, but I can't get any of the durn things to drop! How about we throw a little brainstorming party and see if we can't ignite a bunch of new story ideas. Post anything--not matter how silly--that you're willing to share (willing to have another author take that idea and write a story about it). Don't post anything you (wonderful you!) are going to write yourself--just write it already and POST IT HERE FOR US TO READ!!!!
This is a great idea, and I'd certainly participate. However, I'd suggest making a new thread just for brainstorming rather than changing the focus of this thread.

Edit: looks like a wandering moderator broke these posts out into a new thread. Thank you!

Katzi428

Reaction score
EEEKKK!!!!For the love of :jim: NO purple dinosaur!! (He is SO frogging annoying!I'm REALLY glad my 4 yr. old niece & 2 yr. old nephew aren't into his shows!)

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Here's one I'll throw out there for any of our talents to catch and run with.

You know the Wedding Sketch from the end of the Merissa Berenson episode of The Muppet Show that airs on MCR?
Well, what I've thought is... As a result of that Lew Zealand comes back because Kermit wants to properly thank him, and they work out a sort of mutual agreement that guarantees Lew an appearance in every Muppet movie after that.
I know the MUppet Mindset posted an article with some guidepoints about what a successful Muppet movie should have... They said that it should have Sam the Eagle because he's been in every one, but my opinion was that it should have been Lew mentioned instead.

The Muppet Movie: During the framing sequence at World Wide Studios viewing the movie itself.
The Great Muppet Caper: Living at the Happiness Hotel and part of the Baseball Diamond caper.
The Muppets Take Manhattan: Scooter's postcard from Cleveland, Ohio.
*That's the funniest bit to me, I've got that set up with my Muppets figures.
Muppet Christmas Caroll: Fish monger on the streets of London.
Muppet Treasure Island: Unnamed pirate onboard the Hispaniola.
Muppets From Space: Living at the Muppet Boarding House.
The Muppets: Part of the big Muppet crowd scenes.

Any takers?

newsmanfan

Reaction score
----------------------------
Lady Ru, what if you did a short piece on some of the other characters? Ma Bear? Camilla's history BEFORE she met Gonzo? Beaker's dating life (does he have as many mishaps OUT of the lab as in? I think so)?

When I finish my current fic (it'll be a few weeks at this rate, sigh...) I do have a couple of other Muppety ideas -- but I'm sure the movie will spark still others! Plus, I have a non-Muppet story pounding the inside of my skull wanting out right now, so I'm not jumping back in the water once my Halloween fic is done, not for a bit anyway...

Ed's right, something with Lew sounds potentially amusing. Just when and how did he get his fish fetish? Or...does Sam HAVE a private life, lush and glorious and all unbeknownst to his colleagues? Does he hanker after Faux News prettyanchors in all their bleached voluptuousness? Would he agree to be the Republican veep?

Don't say I never threw ya nothin'. :smile:

------------------------------

Bannanasketch

Reaction score
I like this idea. Considering, that I always have great fanfic ideas but I never get them done, I could post these ideas here ad somebody could take them on.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi Kris. You know, there's a soundbyte of Kermit, I think from the Andy Williams TMS episode, where he talks to Sam backstage. The eagle reveals that he has a wife and is happily married and very close to, though he forgot her name and despite her flying the coop. He also says he has a son and daughter who never write to him; the son studied taxidermy, the daughter a college girl who's dating an owl.
Out of that conversation... I wonder if Sam's "son" was part of Phil van Neuter's class at good ol' Stuffs U!

LinkiePie<3

Reaction score
Oooh... good strategy, Auntie Ru! :smile:

My speed for fanficing is very low. My "Link" story ideas take time to provide potential brainstorming, proper character portrayal, and readable content.

Here's a cute little comic if anybody's willing to give Link a background:

WebMistressGina

Reaction score
This is a great idea! I know I certainly have ideas floating around in my head that I just can't get to or like, but don't really want to write.

I actually had an idea that has somehow branched off into something else, so I'll share that one.

I have to admit that Vet's Hospital is probably my favorite reoccurring sketch; then my mind wondered "where did they came up with that?" And in that I mean in Muppetverse and not the folks behind the Muppets. Like, what made the group or Kermit think that idea up and say, "hey! I know who'd be perfect for that bit!"?

my reasoning? Just watching the sketch and songs that Piggy and Rowlf do, it just seemed like they were good friends and I can easily see Rowlf just making the two of them laugh (Rowlf actually does remind me of my friend Aaron a lot) and, after watching the ep with the telephone sketch, I had to wonder if Piggy's line of "the line's busy" was the actual line or if she really did get a case of the giggles and made it up (in Muppetverse, remember? Not real world verse. Yeah)

And THAT lead me to wonder if there were bloopers or adlibs for a sketch like that. I mean, it is supposedly a live show (and considering that the antics backstage plays into that), stuff is bound to happen. Like, the Liberace ep where Vet's Hospital invaded the Swedish Chef act - was that planned for the show or was Rowlf and the ladies standing backstage and he went, "OMG, I've got a great idea!"

So maybe that was one idea with three different parts.:zany:

Rowlfan5384

Reaction score
I have an idea. Rowlf runs away after a new piano playing dog steals his act and all his friends. When all his pals notice that he is gone, the gang goes on a cross country Chace to find him.