Famous Current Left-handers!- What About Puppeteers!

Skekayuk

Reaction score
I've just noticed that that wonderful mail order shop Anything Lefthanded, is currently asking members of it's lefthanders club to nominate a "Famous Lefthander of 2008".

They are asking people to choose to nominate High profile lefthanders who have achived greatness in their field in 2008 (so it has to be contemporary). They mention that these can include: Sportsmen, Celebrities, Politicians, and Scientists. So could one nominate a puppeteer? (Are their any current ones who are famous enough and have achived anything worthy of nomination in the last 7 months ?)

If anyone is interested take a look at http://www.anythingleft-handed.co.uk/

wes

Reaction score
you know thats funny i do wonder if there is any lefty puppeteers,

I found out that i work left handed, i don't know why, I write with my right. I feel more comfy using my Left hand but i can work a puppet with my right.

I can't remember when i pick it up, because i was taught to use my right hand in puppetry. I think it had to do with rebellious streak.

Teenager's

Reaction score
Marty Robinson & Pam Arciero are naturally left handed....but had to train right handed as not to be a "problem"

mrhogg

Reaction score
I'm left-handed. I don't know if I've done anything worthy of distinction in the past 7 months, though...

wes

Reaction score
I guess I need to switch it is hard to teach puppetry being Left!

Whispers

Reaction score
The only puppeteer I know that's left-handed would be Todd Liebenow, current owner of One Way Street.

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Louise Gold... but I don't know if she's done anything "major" this year...

Toasty

Reaction score
Another lefty (albeit, a decidedly non-famous one) reporting for duty.
:smile:

Onath

Reaction score
I don't know to many left handed puppeteers. But I do know a lot of left handed puppets. Let's see there is Ernie, Sam the eagle, Fozzie Bear, Telly monster, Oscar the grouch, Big Bird, Sweetums, Dr Teeth, Rowlf, Floyd Pepper(or at least he plays left handed), Beeker, Dr. Bunson Honeydew, Etc.....

I hope this helps.