Fake SST Wiki

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I found this by accident, and I don't even know who, exactly, is behind this, but this some kind of a fake SST wiki that somebody has created: basically, it's full of a number of screencaps and other images that are obviously edited to include other non-Sesame characters such as Teletubbies and Shrek and others. . . . and whoever's behind this has also been stealing some old/outdated pics of my scale model and editing them as well. Not cool.

http://sesamest.wikia.com/wiki/Sesame_St_Wiki

Schfifty

Reaction score
I think I discovered this site a long time ago. It's so obviously unprofessional and unorganized that it's not even funny. Pretty much the only users who ever edit on there are IPs, let alone only a handful of user accounts that are rarely active. I'd recommend it be closed.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Someone was complaining that a user on this website was using his images and manipulating them without their permission but the wiki still hasn't taked the pictures off.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I think I discovered this site a long time ago. It's so obviously unprofessional and unorganized that it's not even funny. Pretty much the only users who ever edit on there are IPs, let alone only a handful of user accounts that are rarely active. I'd recommend it be closed.
Sounds like either a spoof troll wiki or a scratch wiki where members and IP users post stupid lazy fan fic outlines like they're really a thing. Those things are best ignored, but has there ever been a legit Sesame Street wiki? Sure, we have Muppet Wiki that covers Sesame Street. Don't see why we don't have a separate one, but even in that case I'd just see that as being the same MW articles ripped from there.

Schfifty

Reaction score
I doubt it. Muppet Wiki's the only real, definitive Wiki for Sesame Street...I don't see a real need for a separate one. They've chronicled Sesame Street for almost ten years now, so why should there be something separate?

Drtooth

Reaction score
I see what you mean. Yet, I know of other smaller subject wikis that share with larger, more expansive wikis. There's a complete Disney Wiki and wikis devoted to all their little shows and movies, often using the same pages.

Of course, I didn't say so much we needed a Sesame Street Wiki so much as I'm surprised one doesn't exist outside MW. Like I pointed out in another thread, even Pop Tarts has its own wiki. Plus, not all Sesame Street fans are overall Muppet fans, and I'm sure some of them will be looking for a specifically Sesame Street wiki. And of course, that will lead them to that crappy fake wiki we're talking about.

oknazevad

Reaction score
Thing is, they're all fan wikis, none of them are official, professional works, even Muppet Wiki. This isn't a "fake wiki", like its some sort of scam. It is an apparently good faith attempt at a dedicated Sesame Street wiki. The starter probably saw that there wasn't a dedicated one at wikia.com, so he started one, possibly not knowing that Muppet Wiki already covers Sesame Street as thoroughly as any wiki can.

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
Looks to be run by the sort of people from the "Pooh's Adventures of X" community.