F.R.I.E.N.D.S

Animal'sBunny

Reaction score
I haven't seen a F.R.I.E.N.D.S thread yet, so I thought, why not?
Love this TV show! Who's your favourite friend? (I love them all) Monica and Chandler or Monica and Richard? (Monica and Chandler) Phoebe and Mike or Phoebe and David? (Phoebe and Mike) Who's your favourite non-friend? (Janice or Gunther) Thoughts about the show or anything else F.R.I.E.N.D.S related.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
There was also another series by that name back in 1979- starred Jill Whelan (Captain Stubig's daughter on The Love Boat). Extremely well-written, well-cast, well-directed (Aaron Spelling did himself proud) but bit the dust after only 5 episodes. Too bad. Could've been G.R.E.A.T.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Not really a fan, but it's interesting enough that Melodia from Silverhawks was part of the cast at one point.

Janice is played by her voice actor, you see. Unfortunately, without a deadly Keytar.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I haven't seen a F.R.I.E.N.D.S thread yet, so I thought, why not?
F.R.I.E.N.D.S seems to be one of those shows that everybody loves to hate... or, at least, they seem to project that vibe on Who's Line (same with Michael Bolton).

Drtooth

Reaction score
It's probably due to Seinfeld. While there are people who genuinely like both, there are those that only care for one or the other. I'm one of those with Seinfeld. Of course, I don't care too much for F.R.I.E.N.D.S., but I understand it's cultural significance.

Now Will and Grace I outright despise. If, for no other reason, they even managed to make John Cleese unfunny. That's a Herculean feat. I'd almost respect it if I didn't practically idolize Cleese.

HeyButtahfly

Reaction score
To me, it seems like people either love it and have to have all the seasons, or they hate it and any reference made to it.
Anyway, this is one of my favorite shows ever! Great idea for a thread. :smile: My favorite is Rachel.

charlietheowl

Reaction score
I like this show. It's not ground-breaking by any means, but it's an amusing show and a fun watch. I was in eighth grade when it went off the air and the finale was one of the biggest social events of the school year.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I was in eighth grade when it went off the air and the finale was one of the biggest social events of the school year.
Kids that age were watching F.R.I.E.N.D.S? When I was that age, the only thing kids watched were anime and SpongeBob.

Actually, I was a freshman in high school when they went off the air, and nobody was talking about it, lol.

charlietheowl

Reaction score
We were thirteen and fourteen, so I think some of it was trying to look mature by watching a show like Friends, showing that we could "get" something like that. I'm sure a bit of it flew over our heads.