Expert says Haffas published false reports

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Expert says Haffas published false reports
Courtesy of the Frankfurter Allgemeine

An expert witness in the trial of the former EMTV chief executive officer, Thomas Haffa, and his brother Florian, the company's chief financial officer, has testified that the brothers knowingly published falsified financial figures in ad hoc statements released in mid-2000. Wolfgang Ballweiser said on Monday that the brothers had inflated revenues earned by EMTV subsidiary Jim Henson Productions based on a list of planned productions. “Uncompleted films cannot be the basis of reported revenue,“ Ballweiser said, adding, “Revenues were thus listed too high.“ The Haffas have been on trial since November for share-price manipulation and fraud after their media company's stock price collapsed under the weight of expensive acquisitions. The Haffas' lawyers said that Ballweiser did not have all available information when making his conclusions.

http://www.faz.com/IN/INtemplates/e...8}&doc={4D0FC1C9-11BB-4CBB-BFC6-A2D1146A9938}

Luke

Reaction score
PR Wise - Terribly !

It's been known for ages now that the Haffa's dodgy dealing directly involved their ownership of JHC - allegedly not just from these false reports either but it is the main thing. I guess this will mean Henson's name gets dragged in the dirt a bit this year and someone from JHC will most likely be on the stand to testify about the actual figures and if anyone knew. I'd bargain that this might have had a minor influence on the low status of the companies bidding for JHC. Just as they were getting back on their feet they can do without all this.

beaker

Reaction score
Wow Luke, if what you say is possible...man, not good. I guess sadly the qaugmire of post JH is continuing...

I will say this. If Bush has an ultimatum to Saddam to disarm this year, I think as fans there a few ultimatums we have(ie: a new buyout finalized and new Muppet Show all in 2003)

Cantus Rock

Reaction score
Originally posted by beaker
I will say this. If Bush has an ultimatum to Saddam to disarm this year, I think as fans there a few ultimatums we have(ie: a new buyout finalized and new Muppet Show all in 2003)
Well, I'd be gung ho on it if fans had any say in anything regarding the company. I mean, if Warrick can set up a DVD petition, get backing from 10,000 fans and former show personel but still no action on behalf of anyone at JHC, I doubt anything we're going to say will matter. I guess it would be a plus if we were the Commander in Chiefs of the free world, but unfortunately, we are not. :wink:

-Matt

BoyRaisin2

Reaction score
I think as fans there a few ultimatums we have(ie: a new buyout finalized and new Muppet Show all in 2003) [/B][/QUOTE]

Humph (humph?), I expected those two things in 2001. Ahh, it's great to be back.