Exclusives Hefty Price Tags

FER SURE

Reaction score
I am not sure if anyone else has seen this. ToyFare has Kermit on their webpage for pre-order starting April 22nd. The problem there is that the price is 17.00. That is a 100% mark up from the regular assortment. I understand that this is an exclusive and they partially burdon the cost for it's development. Except for the fact it is a shared exclusive. I can understand a couple of extra dollars, but twice the price doesnt fly with me. Here is to TRU not doing the same!

Raech

Reaction score
that is because they are www.wizardworld.com then click on store
This is the name of their other publication. Trust me this is the right place. I bought the two Pin Pal Simpsons exclusives offered in Toyfare by coupon at this site when they were available.

BTW, they are notoriously slow. I mean months slow on exclusives shipping. I have reported them to Fed trade commision. in the past, as have others.

If you are interested in getting it here because TRU.com / amazon doesn't have them up yet, I would still wait. TRU would ship them much faster and they are probably cheaper. Yes Toyfare's price includes shipping (in USA- outside is more). But they charge all that then ship it 3rd class (slowest mail there is and FYI ot does not get forwarded if someone moves- cos 3rd class is so cheap).

Michael Crawford

Reaction score
Buy it from TRU...

If at all possible, buy the exclusive at TRU. If you think it's going to be a problem finding one, make a pact right now with a few other people to grab them for each other when you see them.

Avoid Toy Fare. They are overpriced, mismanaged, and have plenty of issues that it's not worth going into here. For those of us that had to live through their continued screw ups on the Simpsons figures, we know better.

Michael
MWC

kane31666

Reaction score
MWC I can't agree more. A buddy system has really benefited a lot of us on the SCS board in finding exclusives.

FER SURE

Reaction score
Lets stick together

I posted this as a heads up for others basically. I have no intention of getting Kermit from ToyFare. I am lucky enough to live within an hour of 3 TRU's. I think we should all stick together and help each other out. That way none of us get ganked from having the whole series.

Raech

Reaction score
Yea we were more giving a heads up to King Prawn and others. Good to hear you already knew.

FER SURE

Reaction score
Spreading the word

Thanks for your help in explaining the situation Raech! :smile: From what I hear the Wizard Group may be under some scrutiny. Last time I stuck my head in there was a petition to Playmates asking them to stop offering exclusives through ToyFare. :big_grin:

Raech

Reaction score
Yup and I have signed it. Playmates will not totally tick off ToyFare as they get LOADS of free press from them. And they said they get mail asking when TOYFARE will have another exclusive. (Evidentally some people like getting robbed).

When my Pin Pal Burns was months late (They have 30 days after the told shipping date according to the FTC)

I filled out a form for the Federal Trade Comission BTW, Toyfare hadn't even bothered to say it would be postponed yet again (2nd time for month later again)

And they had closed their customer service center at the time so they didn't have to take calls. Seriously. There was no phone in customer service center for months during the PP Burns debacle they even admitted it to me later by phone. After I could call them again and I told them I filled out an FTC complaint and why, they FED EXed me the figure. 2 calls b4 that they said wait it will come eventually. I forget when it was to ship But I got mine just after Sept 11th (about a week or so) I thik they were first scheduled to ship by April ??? Anyone recall?

Others filled out the forms to the FTC for following figs too. It seemed to have helped some. They shipped PP Moe faster. But they still do it 3rd class and take their time. I do not wish to financially support any company which treats people like this and robs them with crazy high mark ups. Electronics Boutique only raised their excl to $8.99 from the regular 7.99 they charge. And shipping under $75 is $4.95 and that is 2nd day shipping. You get the point all.