Everything is Racist

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Just about. Honestly, in this day and age, what ISN'T racist anymore? Even I can think back to a time where you could use certain words at just about anybody, and nobody was like, "Dude, that's racist!". That, I can probably understand, okay, maybe...

Then, more recently, television had become racist, because shows had either all-white or all-black casts, which is why we have this unwritten rule/standard that all TV shows HAVE to include at least one ethnic character in the main cast... but somehow, it's okay for that one token ethnic character to act like a stereotype of its ethnicity? Yeah, whatever.

But this? This takes the cake (or, sandwich, in this case)!
http://www.thecollegefix.com/post/15414/

Peanut butter and jelly sandwiches are racist? Really? It's somehow racist for kids to eat peanut butter and jelly sandwiches because their Hispanic classmates don't eat sandwiches? Really? By that logic, ALL sandwiches would be racist then, because this is a country where the sandwich is a staple in our food, but apparently other cultures don't eat sandwiches. I guess Germans are racist because they always eat bratwurst or other kinds of weinerschnitzel and other countries don't... oh, how about all those Asians and their rice? Shouldn't it be considered racist that they try to force Americans to eat it because they eat it with their meals instead of fries? Some cultures eat bugs! Some cultures eat each other! How is THAT not racist?

Okay, riddle me this... what IS with this obsession that people have in looking for things to make racist? WHY are we still obsessed with racism? This isn't helping us be better people, this is setting us centuries back! Look at Canada, they don't have any of these problems, and they're a very peaceful, friendly country, why can't we be like that? Why can't we just have harmony without looking for something to make racist? Oscarfan wears orange in his artwork a lot, orange is like the national color of Tennessee, he's not from Tennessee, he's racist! Sarge goes back and forth between being a ghost, and a demon, and a bat-like creature, among other things, she's both racist AND speciesist! MrsPepper and Muppet fan 123 say "sore-y" instead of "sorry", something about that HAS to be racist! beatnikchick's a vegan, surely THAT'S racist too! Gosh, I never realized how many of you guys here are so racist! You should be ashamed of yourselves!

See my point?

Twisted Tails

Reaction score
Just about. Honestly, in this day and age, what ISN'T racist anymore? Even I can think back to a time where you could use certain words at just about anybody, and nobody was like, "Dude, that's racist!". That, I can probably understand, okay, maybe...

Then, more recently, television had become racist, because shows had either all-white or all-black casts, which is why we have this unwritten rule/standard that all TV shows HAVE to include at least one ethnic character in the main cast... but somehow, it's okay for that one token ethnic character to act like a stereotype of its ethnicity? Yeah, whatever.

Peanut butter and jelly sandwiches are racist? Really? It's somehow racist for kids to eat peanut butter and jelly sandwiches because their Hispanic classmates don't eat sandwiches? Really? By that logic, ALL sandwiches would be racist then, because this is a country where the sandwich is a staple in our food, but apparently other cultures don't eat sandwiches. I guess Germans are racist because they always eat bratwurst or other kinds of weinerschnitzel and other countries don't... oh, how about all those Asians and their rice? Shouldn't it be considered racist that they try to force Americans to eat it because they eat it with their meals instead of fries? Some cultures eat bugs! Some cultures eat each other! How is THAT not racist?

Okay, riddle me this... what IS with this obsession that people have in looking for things to make racist? WHY are we still obsessed with racism? This isn't helping us be better people, this is setting us centuries back! Look at Canada, they don't have any of these problems, and they're a very peaceful, friendly country, why can't we be like that? Why can't we just have harmony without looking for something to make racist? Oscarfan wears orange in his artwork a lot, orange is like the national color of Tennessee, he's not from Tennessee, he's racist! Sarge goes back and forth between being a ghost, and a demon, and a bat-like creature, among other things, she's both racist AND speciesist! MrsPepper and Muppet fan 123 say "sore-y" instead of "sorry", something about that HAS to be racist! beatnikchick's a vegan, surely THAT'S racist too! Gosh, I never realized how many of you guys here are so racist! You should be ashamed of yourselves!

See my point?

Let's not forget about the avenue Q song, "Everyone's A Little Bit Racist"
Why this song? Because it is about racism. Duh!

Okay, now back to your regular program of everything's racist issue.

charlietheowl

Reaction score
I think part of the problem is that a lot of people are quick to proclaim something as racist, or someone as guilty, without allowing for a lot of discussion and thought. While I understand the internet allows for the quicker dissemination of information, it also makes for quicker judgments. So that's what I think the issue is, that people are quicker to proclaim things as racist because there's no time for facts in their minds.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score

See my point?
Your little dig about Asians would make you a RICIST! :smile:

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Sarge goes back and forth between being a ghost, and a demon, and a bat-like creature, among other things, she's both racist AND speciesist!
And sexist because I can't decide what gender I am either :stick_out_tongue:

Although, to set the record straight, because I can say a ton of things about myself

I am a gender neutral shadow demon who no longer is part ghost or any of the other hybrids I picked up on the way.

The demon council got a bit irritated with me and stripped me of all my acquired abilities :smirk:

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
I know right? If they didn't want demons to pick up forms, then they shouldn't have given us that power to start with!

Then again, being made of nothing but darkness in a semi gaseous state, I can rearrange my molecules to take on the form of really anything so the joke is on them!

Drtooth

Reaction score
I think part of the problem is that a lot of people are quick to proclaim something as racist, or someone as guilty, without allowing for a lot of discussion and thought. While I understand the internet allows for the quicker dissemination of information, it also makes for quicker judgments. So that's what I think the issue is, that people are quicker to proclaim things as racist because there's no time for facts in their minds.
Sometimes I don't know what's worse. Internet News Stories or the wider television and print media. Except of course for that fact that these so called "trusted" and "real" news sources read the blurbs of these non-news stories posted on random blogs and present them as actual news. That would have the internet slightly ahead if it didn't mean that the news media was clearly seeking for troll stories that get reactions out of people.

I tend to think of these sort of internet stories being less reliable than a poorly upkept Wikipedia page that continuously gets spammed with vandalism. These sorts of talking points are usually spread by actual racists to make the common, sane individual gradually more annoyed by "political correctness" that they're free to be as hateful and ignorant as possible without retaliation.

So what we have here is a biased article trying to make teacher's unions look bad, make racists look reasonable, and to give a general feeling of everyone today is such an anal retentive wussbag because something is suggested to be different now than it was in the 50's. A decade we put on a pedestal without remembering the gory, disgusting parts.