Everyones Leaving!!! Boo hoo!!!

Drtooth

Reaction score
Man!! Is it okay to cry and be really somber?

Beaker, who is one of my best friends on this Muppet Board is leaving our community. Others are leaving too! I feel only like I should say this, please don't pitty me, or call me a "wussy," but...

I have a REALLY REALLY hard time finding new friends. This was one of the only message boards that I've been to, where I actually found people who kinda sorta maybe understood where I was coming from. I had heck in my Junior high years, and I've been socially awkward ever since! A really sad soul. I mean, people do talk to me at college, but it's not the same.

Here, I felt understood, like people understood what I was, a cartoonist who likes the Muppets. And this place has become so much more than a Muppet Post. It was my first chance to make friends out of state, out of the country, out of this world..well, maybe not that far.

So godspeed everyone who's leaving! I'll still be here, if this board doesn't go away as well!! I'll miss all of you who are leaving! Bye bye!!:frown:

Man, I need a hankerchief!!!

crazy ernie

Reaction score
Originally posted by Drtooth

I have a REALLY REALLY hard time finding new friends. This was one of the only message boards that I've been to, where I actually found people who kinda sorta maybe understood where I was coming from. I had heck in my Junior high years, and I've been socially awkward ever since! A really sad soul. I mean, people do talk to me at college, but it's not the same.

Here, I felt understood, like people understood what I was, a cartoonist who likes the Muppets.
Same situation,although I want to be a cartoonist.
This is the forum I mostly post at. I was a member of a cryptozoology forum but i lost interest . I am also a member of a invader zim board,a bionicle board,and a mario board. I lack friends, I am picked on, and my social status has gone down the toilet. But i will prevail,and in a cheesy spoof of those evil toy monster horror films,using a killer teddy bear, I will get the jerks to become victims!

Skeeter Muppet

Reaction score
I'm not leaving. No way, no how. Not even if someone tries to force me to leave, I'm staying.

-Kim

Crazy Harry

Reaction score
I'd leave if I had anywhere else to go. But I don't. So I won't.

Luke

Reaction score
Although lots of people have or are planning to leave - i don't think the intent is to leave the community as a whole. There is a lot more choice emerging and it's not really all about one website any more - people can go where they are most happy or if they'd rather, support all sites.

grail

Reaction score
there is a quote that i find very appropriate, considering who we all are, and what we all love.

"Life is made up of meetings, and partings. That is the way of it."

we've all seen people come and go in our lives, no question about it, and we are a group that has, for the most part, never even met in real life. only on the internet. over the past few days i've been thinking about this a lot. i was truly ready to leave recently because of what ONE person said to me. because of how i felt i was treated. i wanted to walk away so badly, but i couldn't. and i didn't know why...but i think i figured it out.

when i started coming in here, back in July, i wasn't planning on ever saying much at all. sure my first couple posts were because i was amazed that someone actually READ one of my reviews, but the more i talked, the more i grew to love everyone here. some time later, i saw the end of a four year relationship, and i admit now that it almost killed me. i didn't know what to do with myself. i lost it one night and yelled at a bunch of folk for no reason. instead of getting yelled at and run off, i instead got actual, concerned e-mails from people who barely even knew me. asking if i was okay, and if there was anything they could do. the mere fact that someone cared enough to ask was amazing to me right then, especially since i wasn't very nice to them.

ever since that day, the crew here at MC have been my surrogate family. might as well be my REAL family, since i'm an outcast to them. we're all so different, yet truly we are all the same. we all seem to have (roughly) the same thoughts and feelings, the same values, many of us share LOTS of interests, it's really impressive when you think about it. maybe a lot of it is growing up on the Muppets. they promoted "family values" before it was even a term. maybe we're all just lucky. maybe it just doesn't matter what the reason is, as long as it's there.

yes, people have left, and will continue to leave. but look at who we've gained. for every person i can think of that has moved on recently, i can think of 2 more that have come in that are becoming a presence large enough to fill the void, and then some. not to say that those leaving are any less special, or that they won't be missed, but maybe it's just time for someone else to shine for awhile.

i know i've rambled on a bit here, and most of what i've said probably doesn't even make sense, but i wanted to at least say it. i'm going to miss Cory, and all the others that have made this place my home over the past few months. but this IS home...to all of us...and the lights are always on should they decide to come back. maybe they'll have new things to share, and new friends to meet. they'll definately have a joke or two to catch up on.

now if you'll excuse me, i'd better stop before i completely lose the audience. but it's not often i take the time that i should to tell people how much they mean to me. and you folks mean the world.

Mike

Drtooth

Reaction score
Well...hehheh heh!!! I feel a little goony for being so frank last night! Heh heh heh!!! Gee!!!

But really, I kinda overreacted to beaker's departure, similar to overreacting about the Sababn thing. They both were bad news, but when you have a late animation class (where you basically stare for hours at the same drawings and movements over and over) I kinda (well, more than kinda) get carried away! I DO have friends...not close friends, but a little more than an aquanitence at college. My two best friends (one of whom is my cousin) are still in high school (they're younger than me) and I have trouble keeping in touch lately. My freind always comes home at ten or later, I'm usually in bed by then, and my cousin's phone was disconnected, they have a new number, but I haven't been able to find out what it was.

But it's good to know that Crazy Ernie, Skeeter Muppet, and Grail are still around. Except for the Digimon thing (which I'm morally against as a cartoonist) grail an' I are pretty much peers (Monty Python, THey might be Giants, and Muppets of course).

As long as people here keep in touch, I'm sure no one will be missed if they leave!

radionate

Reaction score
Originally posted by Luke
people can go where they are most happy or if they'd rather, support all sites.
Here Hear Luke! :stick_out_tongue: While I only post at MC, I go to every site to check things out and keep up to date. Its fun, interesting at times, and just silly to think that there is only one place that you should go to.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Now if you'll excuse me, I'll go sit in the corner and look like an idiot!

Boober_Baby

Reaction score
I am going to say something! I know! Crazy eh?

First of all, I just think I should say that I think you're all a great bunch of persons (I like saying 'persons')! And I'm not trying suck up to anyone, because honestly, why would I suck up to you guys? I don't personally know any of you, never met ya in real life, and most likely never will (I have this bias against meeting people from online... but hey! Who knows). So that's why me saying you're all a great bunch actually MEANS something. And really, whenever I come on here and read all about what you guys have to say I smile, and you're all so funny! I love your humour guys, don't ever loose that!

However, from the two years that I've been posting off and on (yeah... I actually have been around for two years, I just don't make a big presence) I find it hard... to post here, I guess. I dunno what it is, but I'll read something here, and think "Oooh! Oooh! I'm gonna reply to that! ... no... no wait, I won't. It'll just make me look stupid." And that's weird for me, cuz every other board I post at I'm PROUD to make a fool of myself. In fact, in REAL LIFE I'm proud to make a fool of myself... so I don't know why I won't here. (And it's the same way for me at Tough Pigs... actually, I post here more than I post there)

I dunno, maybe you all intimidate me a little. I feel if I say something, someone will jump down my back and then I'll have to correct myself a billion times, and then no one will like me and I'll NEVER make homecoming queen! THE HORROR!

But yeah... this really had nothing to do with the original topic, did it? I can't believe I'm gonna post this, this whole post makes me look stupid. ARGH! ><

Just continue with your conversation!

^_^ Debo