1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Ever wonder about Nanny

Discussion in 'Muppet Babies' started by bobhopesite, Dec 25, 2004.

1. Vic Romano

Vic Romano Active Member

If Palisades ever made the Muppet Babies toy line; wouldn't it be rully funny if they made a Nanny action figure that was just from the waist down?

I remember a Muppet Babies live show (can't remember if it was on ice or just guys in suits running around), but a giant pair of just legs that extended beyond the top of the curtain beyond the audience's view was how Nanny was portrayed.... I feared those legs... I thought she would come into the audience and kill me and everyone else!

Rowlf: Hi Nanny! What're you up to?
    NannY: Hi Rowlf! I'm going to kill the audience! Bwa Ha Ha Ha Ha! SQUISH SQUASH SQUOOSH!!!
  2. bobhopesite

bobhopesite Active Member

It would be LOL.
  3. maxdrive

maxdrive New Member

wouldnt have been funny to have nanny also talk like jive jsut like Barbara Billingsley did in the airplane movies i could jsut picture her talking the them like that
  4. McFraggle

McFraggle Active Member

That would have been funny. :)
  5. mupitz

mupitz New Member

I seem to remember seeing nanny's top half and face in one of the muppet baby storybooks. I've passed them on to my kids and I'll look later. If I find what I'm thinking of, I'll scan it in and post it if yous would like.
  6. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

Hmm. I was thinking Blonde hair, but having watched one and a half episodes yesterday...I'm thinking brown hair.

Definatly.

But would be interested to see what you've got Becky.
  7. Infinity Sirius

Infinity Sirius New Member

Perhaps it shall always remain a mystery *Twlight Zone music plays*
  8. dwayne1115

dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

I kind of wish that Nanny would kind of be like the Teacher in the charly Brown Cartoons where you really cant understand her. but the kids could. and i think nanny would be a very old lady. maybe even Jane henson typ. of corse i dont know jane very well she just seems the typ of Nanny for the Muppet Babies. I also want to say if she ever does come on here that i dont think of Mrs. Henson as old i just think she would make a good nanny.
  9. Hickory

Hickory New Member

I always figured a teenager, like my baby sitter at the time but as a cartoon
  10. McFraggle

McFraggle Active Member

I think she's clearly elderly, but I always thought I had seen her in a pink bonnet in something, but I could be just imagining things.
  11. maxdrive

maxdrive New Member

you know i always pictured nanny like the grandma type she seems so much lieke very grandmother but it seems the babys live there does tha tmean it is like a ofenage and she runs it
  12. doloreshopesite

doloreshopesite New Member

I imagined her bald LOL
  13. McFraggle

McFraggle Active Member

Uhhhh.... :rolleyes:
  14. mupitz

mupitz New Member

So far, of the books I've located there are more to find, I still have not found Nanny's face. But I know I've seen it somewhere. The search continues.

My mother bought my youngest a stuffed Piggy for Christmas and it came with a one episode DVD of Muppet Babies. Remember the one when it was raining and the babies had to play inside with the activity book?

I enjoyed it more than the kids did!
  15. Gideon

Gideon New Member

who knows why they never showed her upper body
  16. maxdrive

maxdrive New Member

i think it was to show the story more though a babys eye level like your the same size of the muppet babies when you look at them from that hight all you would be able to see would see up to nanny's socks
  17. bobhopesite

bobhopesite Active Member

She's Joking.
  18. McFraggle

McFraggle Active Member

I think it is kind of neat, because it leaves you with that intrigue as to what she really looks like.
  19. maxdrive

maxdrive New Member

yeah it does
  20. Convincing John

Convincing John Well-Known Member

The Nanny Mystery is Solved!

Go to this link to see the true promo cel for Nanny...straight from the Henson archives.

At last...the world now knows what the upper half of Nanny looks like. By the way, all your guesses to how her face and hair look are way off!

Just click here...and scroll down a bit...

http://www.kermitage.com/html/collectibles/rarestuffnew/page7.html

:eek::concern::eek:

Convincing John