Even More Muppet Hot wheels.

muppetperson

Reaction score
The Muppets hot Wheels line must be doing well, as they have released more cars, which must be about the third wave.

Last edited:

Drtooth

Reaction score
These are cool and all, but I really wish they'd come up with something better than taking a model of a car or truck and slapping tampo print of stock art on them. I don't see why they don't make a Studebaker that looks like the one the Electric Mayhem tricked out. But it could be worse. They have the Hanna Barbera license and their Hong Kong Phooey car is just a van with HKP stock art stamped on it. They've made the Flintmobile and the Jetson Bubble Car, but they missed an opportunity to make the Phooeymobile.

Mr Sweetums

Reaction score
This is a little disappointing for me, I was really liking the last set where the cars resembled Muppets, I was really hoping for a Dr Teeth and Sam the Eagle Muppet car :big_grin::attitude:

Drtooth

Reaction score
They seem to be part of the overall, more generic pop culture line. It's a shame they don't make more of the special shaped series for anything else. I've noticed HW does two lines, one based on cars/vehicles that have been features on said movie/series and more generic cars with characters tampo printed on them. Those are cute, but the ones based on fictional vehicles are much more interesting. Actually, I have both the Time Traveling Back to the Future Delorian, and an actual Delorian reproduction.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
So I guess gone are the days of the Playskool Sesame Street cars that were vehicles with die-cast figures in the likeness of the character themselves. I have a collection of some of those, the only one that's not in the faded schoolbus carrying case is :batty: in a quasi-replica of his Countmobile. Too bad Hot Wheels can't do the same with a die-cast Fozzie driving his Studebaker or Dr. Teeth in the EM Bus or even Kermit on his bicycle. *Shrugs.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Hot Wheels has never done that with plastic figures inside, with a couple exceptions on bigger lines (such as the Monster Jam line). Even then, they're basically small, removable figures. I believe some companies still put things like that out. There's a series of Disney based vehicles that I don't think are any longer in production, that have at least 3 size points. Very small ones with no figures inside (about the size of a Hot Wheel), medium ones, and larger ones (about the size of the larger Winner's Circle models) both with figures of the characters inside. They had a Scrooge in a Limo, but with a generic chauffeur instead of Ducktales Exclusive character Duckworth. I wish I picked some up when I got the chance.