Ernie & Prairie Dawn

MuppetQuilter

Reaction score
I'm making it against the rules to ever mention the Ernie and Bert as more than friends theories again. Starting now. The next person who ever does that will have to pay me a fine in the amount of 5 pounds of chocolate chip cookies, and everyone can share.

Especially with Bert singing about his girlfriend in "I want to hold your ear," and the women he danced with on The Muppet Show. I always saw Bert and Betty Lou and Ernie and Prairie Dawn as items for some reason.
And if anyone forgets that we're talking about puppets on a TV show for 2-6 year olds-- an age when children are NOT into dating-- they owe me 5 lbs. of chocolate chip cookies. I'm only sharing if I feel particularly generous that day.

Besides, no one will ever come before Rubber Duckie for Ernie.

ISNorden

Reaction score
And if anyone forgets that we're talking about puppets on a TV show for 2-6 year olds-- an age when children are NOT into dating-- they owe me 5 lbs. of chocolate chip cookies. I'm only sharing if I feel particularly generous that day.

Besides, no one will ever come before Rubber Duckie for Ernie.

Touché...ain't that the truth! Sesame Street was meant to teach preschoolers about a lot of things, but adult sexuality and love is nowhere near the top of the curriculum. Even when that topic has come up on a serious level, the characters involved have always been human--not animated, not puppets.

To get back on topic, though: Prairie Dawn's own pageants show some pretty good evidence that she and Ernie are no more than close friends. (Close enough for him to get a major role most of the time, true--but that's as far as it goes.)

The Shoe Fairy

Reaction score
Now that I think about it, Elmo seems to have his fair share of Flings with the female SS muppets. Think how many of the Elmo and Zoe segments there have been, and he's done plenty with Rosita and now Abby.

ErnieBertGonzo

Reaction score
It's funny, you know.

I thought the same thing, that Ernie and Prairie Dawn were :flirt: "involved."

Though Bert would also make a good match for Prairie... (I smell a fanfic! :smirk:)

Gelfling Girl

Reaction score
the Ernie and Bert as more than friends theories
Am I the only one who thought those two were brothers? :embarrassed: I seriously always thought that as a kid.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Wow... I never saw this thread before, lol.

But in all honesty... Ernie and Prairie? In the words of Di Lung - "I don't tink so, ya foos!"

If anything, I always thought of Cookie and Prairie as an "item"... just the way he always frustrates her, and yet, she always puts up with it, lol. My thinking is that since LuLu didn't work out, he's got his eyes set on Prairie now, but then again, there's been Cookie/Prairie banter even in the old days.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Well, Cookie and Prarie aren't even the same species so that might complicate things. I never really thought about the Bert and Betty Lou; Prarie and Ernie relationships. It seems like these days you don't see a lot of interaction between those characters especially Betty Lou since she's hardly ever around. I had thought there was potential with Elmo and Zoe, but I guess they're too young to think about those things. I do remember an ep with a pretend wedding. I think it was Telly and Zoe or maybe Rosita who pretended to get married. If anyone has more detail on that, fill me in.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Well, Cookie and Prarie aren't even the same species so that might complicate things.
Not necessarily. The Muppets, especially in more recent years, have been doing good at showing more diversity as far as families are concerned; after all, among Mr. Noodle's family is his brother Mr. Noodle (white), his sister Miss Noodle (white), and his other sister Miss Noodle (black). I know it's not quite the same thing we're talking about, but they're kind of the same - mixed families, mixed couples, etc.
I do remember an ep with a pretend wedding. I think it was Telly and Zoe or maybe Rosita who pretended to get married. If anyone has more detail on that, fill me in.
Lol, mock weddings are so cute, lol. But in all honesty, I don't remember an episode like that... I seem to remember a similar plot though where Herry and Rosita had a pretend wedding for their favorite dolls.

LamangoNumber2

Reaction score
For all you shippers of CookieDawn, one of these days, Cookie will snap, and Prarie's bite sized...

Anyways.
Bert is only 7? Ernie's 5? ... ***? WHY DO THEY LIVE ALONE? WHY DO THEY FLY PLANES! WHY DO THEY DRIVE!

ARE THEIR NO LAWS ON SESAME STREET!

Gelfling Girl

Reaction score
Bert is only 7? Ernie's 5? ... ***? WHY DO THEY LIVE ALONE? WHY DO THEY FLY PLANES! WHY DO THEY DRIVE!

ARE THEIR NO LAWS ON SESAME STREET!
Exactly what I was thinking. Then again, there are also several cute furry playful monsters and giant birds and Snuffleupaguses ans grouches living in trash cans on Sesame St. That isn't really too normal either.