Ernie & Prairie Dawn

The Shoe Fairy

Reaction score
... right. i didn't think the half really mattered. sorry....
Lol.
Oh and Redsonga- I saw a doco on how they made SST and one of the writers said that Big Bird is written to Pyschologically represent a 6 year old.:wisdom:

xochval15

Reaction score
I thought there was an episode where Big Bird turned "7".

StarrFilter

Reaction score
Actually he has always been 6... Since the 70's... Just sayin...
I know my Sesame Street. :wisdom:

muppetmonster

Reaction score
This is very interesting. I never realized that Bert and Betty Lou had a thing for each other, or Ernie and Prairie Dawn for that matter, but wow, it is cool, nonetheless. I have a question, though. We all know Bert and Ernie are best friends and roommates, but did Betty and Prairie ever interact with each other? I cannot think of any time, at all, they did, but of course, I might be wrong. Does anyone know?

Muppetmonster

ISNorden

Reaction score
Sid? hahahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahaha.
It's true; Cookie Monster mentions it casually in a song about the first time he tried cookies (Season 36, I think). The lyrics rhymed "when me was just a kid" with "me think me name was Sid".

OldSchoolFan

Reaction score
I'm making it against the rules to ever mention the Ernie and Bert as more than friends theories again. Starting now. The next person who ever does that will have to pay me a fine in the amount of 5 pounds of chocolate chip cookies, and everyone can share.

Especially with Bert singing about his girlfriend in "I want to hold your ear," and the women he danced with on The Muppet Show. I always saw Bert and Betty Lou and Ernie and Prairie Dawn as items for some reason.
I've never really understood those theories myself. To me, Ernie and Bert just seemed like a more kid-oriented Abbott And Costello type comedy duo. People are strange

ISNorden

Reaction score
I'm making it against the rules to ever mention the Ernie and Bert as more than friends theories again. Starting now. The next person who ever does that will have to pay me a fine in the amount of 5 pounds of chocolate chip cookies, and everyone can share.

Especially with Bert singing about his girlfriend in "I want to hold your ear," and the women he danced with on The Muppet Show. I always saw Bert and Betty Lou and Ernie and Prairie Dawn as items for some reason.

Bert sang that song only on the album version; on TV, the singer was an Anything Muppet named Maurice (Large Lavender, light brown hair and mustache). Unfortunately I don't know which version was produced first!