Eric Jacobson

CountCrow4

Reaction score
So I've heard that Eric Jacobson has been performing Piggy on Hollywood Squares and the Denny's commericials. Although I'm a huge Frank Oz fan, I'm happy that the Muppets have finally found somebody else that can perform Piggy, just so she can be more active in the Muppet community. Does anyone know where Henson found this guy?

Also, is anyone in line for Fozzie? Is it the same guy who now does Bert and Grover on Sesame Street?

Don
Muppet Fan Since Manhattan

BoyRaisin2

Reaction score
Yes, he is the new performer of Bert and Grover (and Piggy in the commercials). And I must say (and I never say THAT) he does a very good job, in my opinion.

PopoverFroggy

Reaction score
Hi ho,

Eric first started with CTW around 1994, as a left hand for
Cookie Monster and then over the years he kept hanging around, making himself available for other things there as needed.
From what I understand, he worked and practiced his butt off and made his way up in Sesame Street gradually over about 6 years. One day another puppeteer heard him do Grover's voice. After that, he worked with Steve Whitmire and worked on more of Frank's characters (Bert, and now Miss Piggy)

- PopOverFroggy

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
In a sort-of related Frank Oz question, I've read repeatedly that he did not perform Piggy in "MFS" but yet I have seen stills from the set with him there with Piggy.

Can anyone clarify?

rickly

Reaction score
Frank did, indeed, work on MFS, for a couple of days. He did Piggy's key scenes in the television studio. He did not puppeteer Fozzie (usually John Kennedy) or Animal (Rickey Boyd) or Sam (Bill Beretta or Steve Whitmire) at all. He did, at least, loop all of his characters' dialogue (for the last time, it would seem).

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
Ah, I thought it was probably something like that. Thanks for clearing it up for me rickly!