Episodes that Have Stuck with You

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Not really an episode so much, but I vividly recall a bit from the ATC era, where Maria is sitting in the park, snack on jalapenos, and Kingston Livingston wants to taste one, but she doesn't think he should, figuring they would probably be waaaay to spicy for him, but insists, so she lets him taste one: his reaction is almost similar to that of a cartoon character after eating something like fire, but he seems to really like it nonetheless.

FrackleFan2012

Reaction score
Three random memories of episode plots that have stuck with me since they were on the air:
  • Cookie Monster eating Hooper's Store piece by piece, being VERY literal about Mr. Hooper's instruction not to eat the cookies... :insatiable:
  • The Count having trouble remembering the number 4, substituting other weird words as he tried to jog his memory. ("One, two, three...hot dog?")
  • Bob sighting Snuffy in his black-and-white overalls, then arguing with Big Bird's description of the "ordinary" Snuffy.
Wow. What years did these came from?
You sure have a smart memory.

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
Unfortunately, I didn't get to watch Sesame that much as a kid. But as far as episodes that I do remember seeing as a kid:

• There was one where Zoe kept tring to act like a Honker by hitting her nose (and ultimately hurting herself).
  • An episode where Ernie and Rosita play cowboys.
  • An episode that involved counting how many monsters you could find on Sesame Street (and at one point, I belive Zoe accidentally counted Baby Bear as a monster).
  • One where, I believe Miles went to go play basketball with some friends, but didn't want Elmo to go with him.
  • One Big Bird and Baby Bear hang out (because Snuffy and Telly aren't available).
  • The Zoe-Mobile episode
  • The hurricane episodes
  • Slimey to the Moon episodes (notably the one with Elmo's spastic cousin)
  • A segment where Cookie Monster asks someone how many cookies they have, and the person explains they have "zero cookies". Cookie continuously asks, apparently not know what "zero" means.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Unfortunately, I didn't get to watch Sesame that much as a kid. But as far as episodes that I do remember seeing as a kid:
  • An episode where Ernie and Rosita play cowboys.
  • Ah yes, I believe I mentioned that one a few pages back... I recall Rosita trying to teach Ernie how to properly eat a taco, but he (and his play horse) eat it all up as she shows Ernie how to eat it.
  • One where, I believe Miles went to go play basketball with some friends, but didn't want Elmo to go with him.
  • Not quite: Elmo was hanging out with Miles because he was that cool older kid that little kids love to hang out with, but the problem was Miles had a game he had to go to, but Elmo couldn't go because the game was just for the big kids, so he felt left out (I remember the A&E special mentioned the point of that episode was to use Elmo to illustrate those "confusing moments" that little kids have.
The Zoe-Mobile episode
You'll have to be a little more specific, there were a few episodes where the Zoemobile was employed; unless you mean the one where it was first built and everything.

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
Not quite: Elmo was hanging out with Miles because he was that cool older kid that little kids love to hang out with, but the problem was Miles had a game he had to go to, but Elmo couldn't go because the game was just for the big kids, so he felt left out (I remember the A&E special mentioned the point of that episode was to use Elmo to illustrate those "confusing moments" that little kids have.

You'll have to be a little more specific, there were a few episodes where the Zoemobile was employed; unless you mean the one where it was first built and everything.
Yeah, sorry it's been awhile. As for the Zoemobile episode, yeah it's the one where it's first built.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I remember one episode from Season 30, where Zoe used her Zoemobile to start a delivery service, and eventually tires herself out, so Telly takes over for her, but has trouble figuring out whom he's supposed to deliver a really tiny hammer to (Slimey).

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
I remember one where Prarie Dawn puts together a "best friends" pageant (with Big Bird and Snuff, Miles and Gabi, Telly and Baby Bear, etc.). That's really all I remember, other than brief parts of the pageant itself.

Another episode that I recall is one where Big Bird wanted to take a walk around the block, but nobody else was available to go with him. Eventually, he goes with Slimey, but by the time they come back, everyone's available.

And there was also one where Miles helped Elmo and Lulu do something, I just can't recall what. But I vaguely remember juice boxes being involved at one point.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Another episode that I recall is one where Big Bird wanted to take a walk around the block, but nobody else was available to go with him. Eventually, he goes with Slimey, but by the time they come back, everyone's available.
I believe that was on Sprout once upon a time, IIRC.

ISNorden

Reaction score
Wow. What years did these came from?
You sure have a smart memory.

I just checked Muppet Wikia to find some airdates; it turns out that those "striped overalls" and "Count forgets a number" memories happen to come from the same episode (which aired in late 1975). Remember when street scenes were spread out over the course of a show, and some unrelated weirdness might happen along the way? Bob's Snuffy sighting was one of those weird moments. :big_grin: (I was wrong about which number the Count had forgotten, though; oh well, no one's perfect... :oops:)

As for Mr. Hooper's store being eaten, that happened in an earlier episode from the same season. Glad I could help, and thanks for asking!

ISNorden

Reaction score
Not really an episode so much, but I vividly recall a bit from the ATC era, where Maria is sitting in the park, snack on jalapenos, and Kingston Livingston wants to taste one, but she doesn't think he should, figuring they would probably be waaaay to spicy for him, but insists, so she lets him taste one: his reaction is almost similar to that of a cartoon character after eating something like fire, but he seems to really like it nonetheless.

Some sight gags are too funny not to reuse: During the cast's trip to New Mexico, Oscar the Grouch ate eight chili peppers in a row after Maria offered him some. He thought they were good, not showing any pain until eating the last pepper; then Oscar put out the "fire" by going to some water source in his trash can, which emitted steam briefly.