Episodes that Have Stuck with You

MeepMeepBork

Reaction score
Hm. Now that I think about it, I really don't remember very many street plots. I guess I watched Sesame Street for the "commercials". Here are the very few I can come up with off the top of my head:

- Slimey lands on the moon.
- Sloppy is born in Oscar's taxi.
- Elmo conquers his fear of clowns.
- Big Bird is frustrated because he wasn't picked to be the Alligator King in Celina's dance class, but he ultimately switches roles with Gabi, and everyone is happy.
- Telly tries to blow bubbles and fails, but finds that he can make bubbles by waving the wand rather than blowing into it.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
One episode I've been reminiscing about as of late is from Season 33, where there was a yard sale held in the arbor, and Telly keeps debating on whether or not he should sell his beloved stuffed horse Clark, because on the one hand, he's "too old" to keep him anymore, but on the other hand, it just can't bear to part with him because he means too much to him.
Well, speak of the devil...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kwapl4bXEzI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQ_h8X7LdzY

I almost forgot about how they redid the carriage house that season with all the animal murals and everything... probably to show that it was Gina's vet office... but then, they changed it right back like a couple of seasons later, so that was kinda a pointless paint job, I guess.

Muppet Frog

Reaction score
I would say 3999 because I liked how Zoe and Ernie interacted with each other in the street scene together.

APRena

Reaction score
Can't believe I've never noticed this thread before, but the hurrican episodes are the only ones where I remember almost the entire thing and not just the sketches and songs inbetween. I was 6 or 7 when they aired, so of course it freaked me out because Sesame Street was REAL, but it was also sort of comforting (in the same way I guess Mr. Hooper's death was.) and funny. (Like "normal" Sesame Street, with Telly running around with a pinwheel or something...)

Were these made in "response" to 9/11? It's weird, I remember these episodes more than I remember that.

beakerboy12

Reaction score
Now I'm not technically talking about an episode more of a sketch and an episode.

The firefly episode was fantastic and had a great plot with Telly and Baby Bear. But the parody sketch in it, "Pre-School Musical" is my altime favorite sketch/parody/song/thing on Sesame Street ever! Love it!:wisdom:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Can't believe I've never noticed this thread before, but the hurrican episodes are the only ones where I remember almost the entire thing and not just the sketches and songs inbetween. I was 6 or 7 when they aired, so of course it freaked me out because Sesame Street was REAL, but it was also sort of comforting (in the same way I guess Mr. Hooper's death was.) and funny. (Like "normal" Sesame Street, with Telly running around with a pinwheel or something...)
I never mentioned those episodes, because I had taped them, so they didn't quite stick with me the way other episodes have that I've mentioned, but those were memorable, weren't they?
Were these made in "response" to 9/11? It's weird, I remember these episodes more than I remember that.
No... they were produced in November of 2000, and aired in March of 2001.

HOWEVER, the Hooper's Store fire episode WAS a response to 9/11.

Reaction score
Episodes still remembered...

Here are the episodes I still have right in my very own memory bank from childhood...

Season 26 (1994-1995)

-Maria and Luis have decide that it's time that Gabi's bike had its training wheels removed. Both parents are excited taking that their daughter is becoming a big girl. Unknown to Maria and Luis, however, Gabi is secretly not too thrilled about it.

Season 27 (1995-1996)

-The letter X shows up sad and is considering leaving the alphabet because it feels that it isn't an important letter. Telly and a few others try to cheer the letter up and encourage it to stay, by proving that the letter X is in fact needed.

-There was also an episode with Oscar hosting some sort of television show, and doing a social experiment on Baby Bear and Goldilocks. It focused on why the two were unhappy about how the story of "Goldilocks and the Three Bears" ended. Near the end of the episode, it turns out that Goldilocks was unhappy obviously that she was scared away, and Baby Bear was also unhappy because Goldilocks left without an apology. (Don't know for sure which season it was shown).

Well, that's it for now.

If there are any episodes that you still remember, you can post them here. Sorry if this has already been done before. Thanks.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Here's one I'm suddenly remembering...

Big Bird and Snuffy were having a scavenger hunt, and Zoe wanted to play too, but they weren't so sure, because the object of the hunt was to find the biggest things on the street they could find, and they didn't think someone so small like her would be good at finding big things. However, they soon feel jealous, because not only is Zoe finding big things, the things she's finding (like a bus, the driver I believe was Pam Arciero) that are even bigger than what they're finding, which makes them not want to play with her anymore, because they don't think it's right for a little person like her to find bigger things than them, when they should be experts on big.

Puckrox

Reaction score
The Sesame Street episode that has always stuck with me, and to this day I have no clue why, is the one that takes place on the stairs. I don't really remember the context of it... I just remember Big Bird is sitting on the steps for an entire day and then everyone sings a song called "If These Steps Could Talk" (I *think* that's what it's called). After all of these years I still remember chunks of the song, namely Gorden's verses.

Gonzo's Hobbit

Reaction score
An episode that stuck with me really well was the one where Telly breaks his arm. He's runnin around with someone and runs into some girl's parked bike. I want to say that either that episode was a part of a series or they kept continuity with it because I remember an episode where Telly asks if the cast can come off and the doctor tells him three more weeks. There was also an episode where they were talking about tringles and some lady stamped his cast with a triangle.

I also loved the series where Oscar's Worm goes into space. I remember my sisters and I were so excited about it we all made extra sure with our mom that if we had to run errands that day (I think it was spring or summer break) that we had to be home in time to watch Sesame Street.

Does Big Bird and the Dodo Birds count as an episode? I know it's a technically movie but I really liked it. I liked it so much that I checked out the book written with it so many times from the school library when I was younger.