Episode 2341

mikealan

Reaction score
Hi everyone, as a kid I remember seeing parts of #2341, now I got it from Ssetta and here are all of the skits and street scenes I remembered and I never remembed:

Episode #2341
Sponsored by N, O, 10
Original Airdate: 1987

Opening Street Scene: Uncle Wally talks to Maria about being a cowboy and after Wally uses his rope trick, Gladys the Cow was stuck in it!

Film/Song: I'm A Hard Workin' Dog (was also seen on #796 and #3239)

Muppets: the early Cookie Monster from 1969-71 tells the live girl about three cookies subtraction

Animated Skit: Little boy puts his mother's mail in the mailbox (was also seen on #1708)

Muppets: Ernie Pretends To Be A Doctor-Ernie checks Bert's mouth, heart, and pulse and Bert asks Ernie when he would be a doctor and Ernie answered 23 years so Bert collasped the floor and Ernie asks "Is there a doctor in the house?" (was also seen on #1090 and on Season 2 of Play With Me Sesame)

Weird Computer Animation: Jim Henson's Mr. #10 Nobody ("Count how many dots go by"), lost classic, never seen on Noggin

Street Scene: The Count counts nothing in box and on the arbor area. He just counts zero.

Film: Mexican Restaruant

Muppets: (3-part sketch) Herbert Birdsfoot's "ET" Family, interrupted by the purple AM mailman who delivered the "W", "S", and "M" for the ET family

Animated Skit: Boy says his own body parts

Animated Skit: Counting chicks 1-10

Film/Song: Everything Grows

Street Scene: Big Bird does acrobat tricks

Film: A clown takes off his make-up

Muppets/Song: Perfect Pearl White Teeth, by a muppet shark

Animated/Film: The Letter 'N' Is Nice Lecture (early animated/live-action mix) (was also seen on #1091 or #1092)

Street Scene: Elmo reads the book upside-down

Animated Skit: OPEN (Man opens the word open!)

Live-Action: Dr. J. helps little girl to slam in dunk

Animated Skit: Leaves falling

Muppets: Ernie uses emotions while reading his book at night, Bert gets annoyed (was also seen on #2969)

Film/Song: It's A Long, Hard Climb (live frog struggles to the top of the 'naked' tree branch and winks its eye when it was at the top of the branch, was also seen on #666, #3047, #3123, and #3168)

Muppets: Grover talks about the sign "ONE WAY"

Film: neon letter "O" being raised to the top of the building...watch out for that speeding bus!

Animated: Sand Letter 'O'-one of the Letters In Sand shorts with the hippie banjo-and-fiddle music in the background

Street Scene: Mumford the Magician turns the big tree smaller while Maria magically turns into a little girl!

Animated/Song: That's About the Size Of It (was also seen on #2208)

Muppets: Alphabet Chat (Letter O)-the BEST of the Alphabet Chat series. Mr. Chatterly was talking about the letter O, but NOTHING started with the letter O in this skit like a cow hopping and a hare mooing. So the Anything Muppet producers and writers decided to cancel this skit by destroying Mr. Chatterly's whole set! :big_grin:

Film: Ostriches (instrumental only)

Animated: Yellow dots go one by one on blue background (was also seen on #1)

Street Scene: Telly was searching for Maria everywhere and Gordon helped him. They asked the little girl where Maria was but the little girl was Maria!

Film: Mad Painter (Paul Benedict) paints the white number '10' on the stool. The man then sat on the stool eating a banana with salt on top. The man then stood up and has the 10 on his back.

Muppets: Farley buys a hat (was also seen on #355)

Film: Cat block structure

Animated: The NOO-Nee-NOO Typewriter Guy: N-Nose-Typewriter is with the gigantic nose (the same nose on Typewriter E-Ear). Although the nose is getting ready to sneeze as Typewriter puts his finger next to it quick, until the nose makes the LOUDEST sneeze to scare Typewriter away.

Final Street Scene: Mumford tries to make Maria back to normal but he made her, Luis, Gordon and Uncle Wally into little kids! So Mumford changed them back to normal. Finally, Mumford reads the book while Maria says off-screen: "Sesame Street was brought to you by the letters N and O and by the number 10."

Did any of you have this besides me, Ssetta, and Gbrobeck?

ssetta

Reaction score
Well, I got it from Frodis.

By the way, "Farley Buys a Hat" is not exactly the same as it was in #355. In #355, there was a line, "Did I give you this hat? Oh, what did I do that for?" And also, at the end, the salesman says, "You don't want this hat, do you? Of course not. I want this hat."

Dantecat

Reaction score
Are you sure they all come back to their normal sizes Mikealan?