Epic Rap Battles of History: Jim Henson vs Stan Lee

JJandJanice

Reaction score
So, for those of you who don't know, Epic Rap Battles of History is a web series that pin historical figures, both real and fictional, against each other in a rap battle, it's actually very popular. There very latest one features the creator of the Muppets Jim Henson taking on the founder of Marvel comics Stan Lee. Here....

I must say, even though they did take a couple shall we say "dirty shots" at both men I feel like this one was actually more sweet and done with a bit more heart than their past rap battles, until the end at least,:smile:. I really loved this, it combines three things I'm obsessed with and three men I greatly admire and look up to as personal role models of mine. What do you all think?

Colbynfriends

Reaction score
Very cleverly done. It did feel very genuine, and gave a nice nod to Henson and Lee. I felt the "dirty shots" were kind of a staple of most of these "Rap Battles" so it didn't bother me too much.
Ending was pretty "froggen" great too I must say. Wasn't expecting that, yet after watching how did I not see that coming.

JJandJanice

Reaction score
Very cleverly done. It did feel very genuine, and gave a nice nod to Henson and Lee. I felt the "dirty shots" were kind of a staple of most of these "Rap Battles" so it didn't bother me too much.
Ending was pretty "froggen" great too I must say. Wasn't expecting that, yet after watching how did I not see that coming.
The "dirty shots" don't brother me either, it's comedy and parody after all. I think this could be one of my personal favorites.

DramaQueenMokey

Reaction score
Honestly, I thought they were going to take waaaaaaay cheaper and dirtier shots but, I feel that what they did do was all in good fun. I usually hate these things. However, I was very pleasantly surprised :big_grin:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Was able to understand about only half the lyrics, the music was a bit too over-the-top to let me hear the whole thing clearly. Got the gist of the surprise ending, meh. I'll just pass on this until something better comes along.
Hey, now that sounds like a song cue! :sympathy:

JJandJanice

Reaction score
Honestly, I thought they were going to take waaaaaaay cheaper and dirtier shots but, I feel that what they did do was all in good fun. I usually hate these things. However, I was very pleasantly surprised :big_grin:
I feel all of them are in good fun, but I can understand why some don't care for them. It's not everyone's cup of tea.

Yeah, like I said already in my first post, I felt this one was done, honestly, more softer than past rap battles. Me being an actual fan of this web series, you might think that would brother me, but I actually think it fit well. I also watched the behind the scenes feature on this and I think it's pretty clear these men are also fans of whom they are parodying. Maybe I'm a bit bias here since I'm a huge fan and greatly admire all the men they are parodying, even the surprise "villain" at the end, but I loved this one.

Nasubionna

Reaction score
I also am a fan of the whole ERB web series, I think they're clever and educational despite the profanity (personally I have a foul mouth myself, so it doesn't bother me, haha) and I have been hoping they'd do Jim for a long time, so I freaked when I saw they did.
And I was even HAPPIER with how much love and respect they obviously feel for Jim (something that EpicLloyd discusses in the behind the scenes videos), as well as Stan. I got a little bit choked up when Stan talked about missing Jim and how he was gone too soon, and Jim's response to that. :frown:
And whoever did Kermit's voice did a fantastic job, too! XD
So yeah, I loved it. :smile:

TheMuppetFan

Reaction score
I like the ERB web series usually (unless it gets too nasty what with a whole bunch of cuss words and saying rumors about the people in question), but as other people have said I think this one was done with some heart too.
Also, they mentioned a lot of rare Muppet references in this that the average Joe wouldn't know... Like Sweetums, Skeksis... if any of the average fanbase of ERB knows what those are, that would be amazing.
It really got heartfelt towards the end, but then dirty again when Walt Disney came in.
Personally, I felt like Stan Lee's jokes weren't so good.. Jim Henson's jokes were fabulous, because he was acting all calm but then still burning Stan Lee at the same time. However, Walt Disney won this match by roasting them both at the end by talking about how Jim and Stan belonged to Walt's company, and also Walt's line, "I'm owning this battle! In fact, I own this whole series!"