Epic Fails

DramaQueenMokey

Reaction score
A thread to post about your personal epic fails: whether they be big, small, or completely totally out there and weird. I'll start:

So, my headphones for my MP3 player are tangled, no big deal. I can usually untangle them pretty quickly. I've been trying to untangle them for the last 20 minutes and not until just now do I notice there's also a hair tie in the tangled mess of my headphones cord. I'm still trying to untangle it but seem to only be making the problem worse...go me :rolleyes:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Well, I mean I wouldn't hink of little things like that being "epic" fails, but let's see...

At one point in Grade 7, I forget why or how it happened, but in conversation, I for some reason ended up saying "fer" instead of "for"... I didn't hear the last of it for a little while.

DramaQueenMokey

Reaction score
Well, I mean I wouldn't hink of little things like that being "epic" fails, but let's see...

At one point in Grade 7, I forget why or how it happened, but in conversation, I for some reason ended up saying "fer" instead of "for"... I didn't hear the last of it for a little while.
Well, I mean, little things can be considered epic fails in some peoples eyes (my friends for example) Speech is a good epic fail topic. I could go on about that one!

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
I forgot to put water in my easy mac and it caught on fire in the microwave.

I walked to a sliding glass door, and walked into a sliding screen door.

I smacked myself in the face while trying to put a book sock on my textbook. It was too small for the book, and as I was trying to fit it on the one cover, I guess the tension was too high and suddenly my face met book cover. And the whole class witnessed this

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Oh, well, on a subject like THAT...

One time, I was microwaving a plate of fishsticks, mainly because I was too lazy to preheat the oven and stick them in, when the microwave was meant for convenience... I followed the microwave instructions on the box EXACTLY, EXACTLY! And before the time was even up, thick smoke was billowing out of the microwave, so I opened it up, and I see the fishsticks are now little black looking turds, and the ceramic plate had actually split right down the middle. :eek:

DramaQueenMokey

Reaction score
Oh, well, on a subject like THAT...

One time, I was microwaving a plate of fishsticks, mainly because I was too lazy to preheat the oven and stick them in, when the microwave was meant for convenience... I followed the microwave instructions on the box EXACTLY, EXACTLY! And before the time was even up, thick smoke was billowing out of the microwave, so I opened it up, and I see the fishsticks are now little black looking turds, and the ceramic plate had actually split right down the middle. :eek:
:eek: Wow! Well, since we're kind of on the subject of fire and that kind of coincides with burns, once I was baking a cake at my grandmother's and I had nothing but old oven mitts to use and I ended up burning my thumb taking the cake out of the oven. That was years ago, and to this day, I'm not allowed take anything out of the oven at my grandmas house, or put it on for that matter. :sigh:

BornToWemble

Reaction score
Oh my goodness. The fishstick thing... It reminds me of a similar chicken nugget incident I had.

When I was 7, I was hungry and decided to make chicken nuggets. I looked at the package for the time and I remember reading it said for 6 chicken nuggets to put them in for 6 minutes. I wanted 8, so I figured I'd put them in for 8 minutes. (Now keep in mind this was back in 92' I'm pretty sure the cooking times were a bit longer then than they are now so the might not have been that ridiculous). I'm not sure if they were the right instructions now, honestly. But I had cooked chicken nuggets myself before because well...I wasn't the victim of severe neglect but I was neglected. I had to make my own food often.

So I put them in. My mother was there but as usual she was busy and had told me to cook for myself and wasn't paying attention. I had sat down at the table and was waiting for my nuggets to finish...when suddenly I notice smoke billowing out of the microwave. My mom noticed too and open the microwave and the nuggets were black and on fire. She took a pot holder and threw the whole thing in the sink. Not even the dog would eat them. And that dog would eat anything.

Luckily if she hadn't been home we literally lived right next to the fire station.

BornToWemble

Reaction score

You were channeling your inner Janice. :flirt:Fer sure!

newsmanfan

Reaction score
---------------------------------
I think a lot of personal fails will involve food. One of mine would be the night I was so proud of being allowed to use the blender to make a smoothie all by myself (quite young, yes)...and forgot to put the lid on...this was in a room with a 15' high ceiling...needless to say the kid felt even worse when someone else had to climb the ladder and clean it! :concern:
-----------------------