Empire acquires rights to Jim Henson screenplay

What do you think of Empire acquiring the rights to the Henson screenplay?

• The movie is a great idea. I hope that it gets produced.

Votes: 44 46.8%
  • I'm concerned that it can be done well and will honor Jim.

Votes: 26 27.7%
  • It's not worth doing if either Disney or Sesame don't support the movie.

Votes: 15 16.0%
  • I don't want to see it. Hollywood will likely misrepresent Jim’s life.

Votes: 9 9.6%

• Total voters

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I'll keep a healthy skeptisicm, but I'm still very interested. I've often wondered if anyone would ever do this. They probably will play up some faults, just to create drama (it IS entertainment). As long as they attempt to keep a balance at the same time, I don't mind.

It's a little annoying when I hear "All star cast." I understand stars can help create excitement for a project. But unfortunately they don't always guarantee quality. Though, Penny Marshall is a great director, I wouldn't mind her.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Jeff Daniels only works if they only plan to make (or he only plays him for) the last decade of Jim's life. :sleep: I like Daniels, but Gosling seems a better choice for the early years. :smile:

BEAR

Reaction score
*...Jaw...just...drops...*

Erine81981

Reaction score
*jabbers a little before putting out a complete sentence* That is dead on a look a like for Jim in his younger years. I would defiantly prefer him for the earlier years.

CBPuppets

Reaction score
This may sound kinda crazy and at the same time uncanny but, how about if the actors perform the Characters and If the whole copyright thing is okay the Muppeteers could dub them in afterwards? for example When the Actor of Jim is performing Kermit Steve Whitmire could Dub his voice in.

Kevin the Frog

Reaction score
Although he's not an actor, I'd like to see Steve at least have a shot at it...there are many similarities between him and Jim, and he's got the puppet / voice part down.

I'm suprised no one has mentioned Jim Carey. He did such an amazing job as Andy Kaufman in Man on the Moon, and can do lots of voices, I would think he would be into it and delve deep into Henson's character like he did Andy's. He could also look like a younger and older Jim with a little makeup help. His hair still grows long!

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Although he's not an actor, I'd like to see Steve at least have a shot at it...there are many similarities between him and Jim, and he's got the puppet / voice part down.

I'm suprised no one has mentioned Jim Carey. He did such an amazing job as Andy Kaufman in Man on the Moon, and can do lots of voices, I would think he would be into it and delve deep into Henson's character like he did Andy's. He could also look like a younger and older Jim with a little makeup help. His hair still grows long!
Even though Jim Carey is a very capable actor there's just too much smarmyness associated with him. That choice of would make me sad. :sympathy:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Steve would be an interesting choice (and all the Muppet performers could be called actors :wink:).