Emmet Otter Questions

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Greetings from the Count! Just finished watching a copy of Emmet Otter's Jugband Christmas which I purchased from a fellow forum member. And since I got so emotionally involved in the viewing, I felt that this special should be honored by adding its characters to my master Muppets Listings. Now, since I'm partially blind, I'll need your help with a few questions.
1 What animal was Wendall?
2 What animals were Harvey and Charlie, the other members of the jugband?
3 What are the names of the members of the Riverbottom Nightmare Band? And what kind of animals are they?
4 Is the name of Emmet Otter's ma spelled "Alice" or "Ellis"?
5 If possible, what's the first name of Mrs. Possum? And what family relationship does she have with Will Possum?
6 Please help me connect the families present in this special. In other words, for example, should Harvey from the jugband be a fox would he then be the son of Mayor Harrison and Gretchen Fox? Or would he be part of a completely different fox family in the hollow?
Thanks for your help and have a good day. Please reply ASAP cause I rully want to do this special justice and add all of its vonderful characters.

Joggy

Reaction score
1 What animal was Wendall?
Wendell is a porcupine.

2 What animals were Harvey and Charlie, the other members of the jugband?
I believe Charlie (the one with the high voice) is a muskrat. He looks a bit like Hetty Muskrat (Alice Otter's friend), and could be her son. Harvey (the Jim Henson character) I'm not sure of. He looks like a hedgehog with buckteeth, but I didn't see any spines. Wendell has spines... What a mystery.

3 What are the names of the members of the Riverbottom Nightmare Band? And what kind of animals are they?
The leader is a bear named Chuck (Frank Oz). Then there's a snake named "Snake" (Jim Henson), so I guess the others have animal names too, but they were not mentioned. There's a fish (Dave Goelz), a lizard (Richard Hunt), and something that looks like a mouse or a rat (Jerry Nelson).

4 Is the name of Emmet Otter's ma spelled "Alice" or "Ellis"?
Alice.

5 If possible, what's the first name of Mrs. Possum? And what family relationship does she have with Will Possum?
No idea. They do look like eachother, but that's because most possums look alike, I guess. I don't think they're married since it doesn't look like they live in the same house (Will lives by the water and Mrs. Possum doesn't).

6 Please help me connect the families present in this special. In other words, for example, should Harvey from the jugband be a fox would he then be the son of Mayor Harrison and Gretchen Fox? Or would he be part of a completely different fox family in the hollow?
I've only seen a few families... Besides Alice and Emmett, Hetty Muskrat has two children (who made an appearance as Carrots the Dancing Horse on the talent show), and maybe Charlie is her son too. I did not know of any others... that secret was not unveiled in this special, I guess.