EMERGENCY SALE! Selling my entire Palisades collection (and other great Henson stuff)

Dearth

Reaction score
Giving this a bump to remind people, and just to check on you.

Dearth

dwmckim

Reaction score
Thanks for the bump. What's happened in the meantime has been pretty much continuing to go downhill. The company i worked for closed and they strung us along right up to the last moment making us think we were going to be paid and have jobs but they pulled it out from us all at the last moment. So they closed up not paying the backpay we were owed (nor the current checks) so all in all that meant seven 1/2 weeks of pay i didn't receive AND having to now search for a new income source. (We're having to go through the Department of Wage and Labor to try to get the backpay we're owed but it's unknown as to whether we'll end up getting it or not)

I do have a new job i started today since one of my former co-workers gave me his number awhile ago when they time came that things ended as a referral to where he's at now. It starts out at just above min wage but a good bonus payscale. I'm very disheartened after my first day as it doesn't seem like making good money is realistic and would almost be tempted to cut my losses and look for something else now were it not for (1) being assured that today was unusually bad and (2) having seen how much my friend and others there do typically make. So i have no idea if it's going to end up working out or not.

At any rate - i'm still in need of lots of help. Even though the Palisades stuff hasn't sold much yet (the vast majority is still available), i've sold some other various stuff from the sister thread and it's only because of a very generous offer from someone (you know who you are!), that i'm not homeless right now.

Because of all the stuff with happened with the old job closing, trying to get a new one, dealing with the fall-out and being physically ill with the stress, i've not been able to be as proactive updated the two threads with other stuff i have available and it's delayed my ability to get most of the stuff people ordered mailed but i should have everything out by the end of this week in regards to orders i've received payment for.

This is a very scary time and i am just very worn down. Lots of Palisades stuff up for grabs though and other stuff in the other thread too.

matleo

Reaction score
Hey DW,

Have you or anyone else contacted the department of labor. if you've done work and are owed money, there's got to be some sort of class action you can take.

Hope things get better for you. You will certainly be in my thoughts the next few weeks.

HamHock

Reaction score
I really hope your situation improves, dwmckim. These times are really tough, but this is just horrible.

Sadly, my Dad only buys from the web with PayPal. Im really sorry, but I cant be of much help for you. But I encourage anyone who can, to help you. We MCers need to stick together!

GonzoLover85

Reaction score
I'm with you there Hamhock, I personally only use paypal myself. DW, if there were any way for you to get paypal, I'm definitely willing to help you out.
It's been awhile since I signed up, but when I did all I needed was a valid bank account. No credit card or anything.
I do think you would be considered "unverified" to the site, but I know we here would all still be willing to send you the funds.

dwmckim

Reaction score
I'm with you there Hamhock, I personally only use paypal myself. DW, if there were any way for you to get paypal, I'm definitely willing to help you out.
It's been awhile since I signed up, but when I did all I needed was a valid bank account. No credit card or anything.
I do think you would be considered "unverified" to the site, but I know we here would all still be willing to send you the funds.
I was able to use Paypal a long time ago but too much has since changed. Not only is it more trouble than its worth (one of the most overrated things on the web) but not having a card i can tie it with and more importantly its incompatibility with webtv users just makes it impractical.

dwmckim

Reaction score
Have you or anyone else contacted the department of labor. if you've done work and are owed money, there's got to be some sort of class action you can take.
Yes. Not only the state's Wage and Labor Board but also the federal Department of Labor. They've had so many people from the company contacting them they have a dedicated person working on claims from former employees. It's a waiting game though and there's no guarantee. Even if we do recoup money owed, it won't be all of it (if we wish to persue more than $2500 it needs to go through small claims court which ultimately isn't worth it). Also filing claims with Maricopa County Check Enforcement in regards to checks that we were given that bounced.

dwmckim

Reaction score
Still available:

- Kermit (camera accessory is broken in half due to fall of shelf)
- Miss Piggy
- Dr. Teeth
- Dr. Bunsen Honeydew (glasses are broken off - they stay in place for me fine displayed on my shelf but you may wish to fix with glue)
- Muppet Labs Playset with Beaker
- Koozebane Kermit
- Stuntman Gonzo
- Floyd Pepper
- Crazy Harry
- Electric Mayhem Playset with Animal
- Rowlf
- Scooter
- Lew Zealand
- Zoot
- Swedish Kitchen Playset with the Swedish Chef
- Sam Arrow (bottom half broke off due to fall off shelf, snaps back together and stays in place for shelf display but you may wish to glue together)
- Rizzo
- Link Hogthrob
- Julius Strangepork
- Gonzo
- Pepe
- Newsman
- Clifford
- Patrol Bear Fozzie
- Statler
- Waldorf
- Swinetrek Playset with First Mate Piggy
- Captain Smollett
- Frog Scout Robin
- Johnny Fiama
- Beauregard
- Usher Scooter
- Sam the Eagle
- Phil Van Neuter
- Marvin Suggs

Pvc sets:
- Sam the Eagle with book / Mahna Mahna /Thog with flower

- Kermit as Bob Cratchit with Robin the Frog as Tiny Tim / Statler as Jacob Marley / Two ice skating Penguins

- Fozzie Bear as Fozziwig / Waldorf as Robert Marley / Ghost of Christmas Present

Also:
Jack in the Box kids meal figures: Kermit, Piggy, Fozzie, Gonzo, Animal, Pepe, Chef

Hallmark ornament: Kermit on a log playing banjo with banner saying "50th anniversary" with button that plays Rainbow Connection when pressed. Can be used as either a stand alone shelf display item or has a small hook to hang as Christmas tree ornament

The only offers i've had as of late have been people saying they'd be sending the money and then not following through. I really need to sell something soon as my new job is not covering my current bills plus i have other seasonal expenses coming up (ie car registration renewal and the like)

As a reminder, email or PM me if interested in something with a bid. As long as it's not too low and no one makes a higher offer within 24 hours, it's yours. Also check my other thread in Buy/Sell/Trade forum for other non-action figure items.

zns

Reaction score
I certainly hope that you're doing okay D.W. Right now I'm not interested in any of the Palisades Muppet stuff, but I just hope hope you manage to sell a lot of what you have. Let us know how it works out.

dwmckim

Reaction score
THINGS HAVE BEEN GETTING EVEN WORSE FOR ME AS I'M UNEMPLOYED AGAIN (for nothing more than office politics) - my supervisor's been trying to make up for it by helping me find a new job but the two places he's found so far were oommision-only jobs where it was obvious i wouldn't have been able to earn a living wage. So on top of all the other woes, NOW I HAVE NO INCOME AT ALLAND AM NOT EVEN EATING EXCEPT FOR VITAMIN PILLS AND TEA I STILL HAVE IN MY APARTMENT (i also have a few oatmeal packets but am trying to use those sparingly), KETCHUP PACKETS AND FREE SAMPLES FROM THE SUPERMARKET! I know there are people out there who want these and i've got lots still available...PLEASE HELP - I'M RUNNING OUT OF OPTIONS AND TIME!

Still available:

- Kermit (camera accessory is broken in half due to fall of shelf)
- Miss Piggy
- Dr. Teeth
- Dr. Bunsen Honeydew (glasses are broken off - they stay in place for me fine displayed on my shelf but you may wish to fix with glue)
- Muppet Labs Playset with Beaker
- Koozebane Kermit
- Stuntman Gonzo
- Floyd Pepper
- Crazy Harry
- Electric Mayhem Playset with Animal
- Rowlf
- Scooter
- Lew Zealand
- Zoot
- Swedish Kitchen Playset with the Swedish Chef
- Sam Arrow (bottom half broke off due to fall off shelf, snaps back together and stays in place for shelf display but you may wish to glue together)
- Rizzo
- Link Hogthrob
- Julius Strangepork
- Gonzo
- Pepe
- Newsman
- Clifford
- Patrol Bear Fozzie
- Statler
- Waldorf
- Swinetrek Playset with First Mate Piggy
- Captain Smollett
- Frog Scout Robin
- Johnny Fiama
- Beauregard
- Usher Scooter
- Sam the Eagle
- Phil Van Neuter
- Marvin Suggs

Pvc sets:
- Sam the Eagle with book / Mahna Mahna /Thog with flower

- Kermit as Bob Cratchit with Robin the Frog as Tiny Tim / Statler as Jacob Marley / Two ice skating Penguins

- Fozzie Bear as Fozziwig / Waldorf as Robert Marley / Ghost of Christmas Present

Also:
Jack in the Box kids meal figures: Kermit, Piggy, Fozzie, Gonzo, Animal, Pepe, Chef

Hallmark ornament: Kermit on a log playing banjo with banner saying "50th anniversary" with button that plays Rainbow Connection when pressed. Can be used as either a stand alone shelf display item or has a small hook to hang as Christmas tree ornament

As a reminder, email (dw_m@webtv.net) or PM me if interested in something with a bid. As long as it's not too low and no one makes a higher offer within 24 hours, it's yours. Also check my other thread in Buy/Sell/Trade forum for other non-action figure items.