EM.TV to sell 49.9% of Henson to Dean Valentine

BoyRaisin2

Reaction score
Re: Longterm: I don't like it

Originally posted by frogboy4

About Disney - I'm sure their were no official offers made. That's how they work. If there were any such offer, the headlines would be "Disney Loses Henson Bid!"
Somehow I feel better with the idea of Disney not bidding rather than losing the auction.

sidcrowe

Reaction score
Luke

Well, I guess you're right, I just meant that as we were all specualting, we were guessing at WHO would get the Muppets, and not what portion of them would be sold. I think we were all hoping to be rid of EM.TV as a constipated person wants to be rid of...... :wink:

Yeah, that's what EM.TV is....

sidcrowe

Reaction score
Froggy

Yep, too many chefs just ain't right.

Can't have two drivers for a car, or two captains for a ship.

A couple of people getting together to start something is OK, but these are the Muppets, and we wanted and NEEDED somebody smart and strong to get them happening again, and like you said, EMTV are a bunch of liars, and we STILL have to deal with them.

Bleccch :mad:

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
Originally posted by EmmyMik
(although I think this will attract those who are over 2 feet tall as well)...
YEAH LIKE EVERY EMPLOYEE! HAHAHA

:big_grin:

EmmyMik

Reaction score
Originally posted by sarah_yzma
YEAH LIKE EVERY EMPLOYEE! HAHAHA

LOL!

True. That's how ya get them to come into work!

beaker

Reaction score
Mr. Valentine in a recent interview:

"These are amazing characters that are asleep and need to be woken up, and I think the NBC movie proved they can be," Mr. Valentine said. "The plan would be to revive Kermit and Miss Piggy and the Muppets in all areas — they're wonderful characters much beloved by the public, and there are many opportunities in television, in film, in theater and other areas."

Oh please let this be more than just a pr positioning ruse!
I hope this guy and his team really get the aggressive ball running. Just the main part that bugs me is EM.TV is still the puppet master with their sneaky little "50.1"% maneuevering. Reminds me of some plotline out of WWF.

Luke

Reaction score
Originally posted by beaker
Oh please let this be more than just a pr positioning ruse!
I hope this guy and his team really get the aggressive ball running. Just the main part that bugs me is EM.TV is still the puppet master with their sneaky little "50.1"% maneuevering. Reminds me of some plotline out of WWF.
Well it's way better than some company getting them cheap for like 20 million if EMTV went bust, selling the creature shop, sacking the staff, closing the company, putting the puppets into storage or a museam, and then just making money year after year on selling the old shows and movies ........ and there is and was a REAL serious chance of that happening.

I think we should be optimistic in a wait and see kinda way - at least they plan to have the Muppets working and out on the scene.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
It seems that Valentine possibly shares a "fan's view" of the Muppets in that last statement Cory posted. If so, then this whole deal MAY NOT be a bad thing (?).

However, if something happens here and the price of JHC ends up going down--well, that may be what Dizzy World is waiting on to happen and then jump on the JHC with all 4 feet. Then again, what is the relationship between Walt Dizzy and Valentine's company? The Mouse has his paws on several different companies in at least SOME percentage, but this I dunno.

Hopefully, Valentine will listen. Is there an email address to his company to which we can send an email and let him know OUR INTENT?! I think if this deal DOES go through, and he reads some of our posts here at the forum, he could make a better go for the purchase, you know?

I also agree that there could be power struggles between Valentine and (yuck) EM.TV (the jerks) that could rip some seams in the Muppets h.q. I hope not, but who knows. I just hope Valentine knows what he's doing--if not, can't be any dumber than those EM.TV creeps.

I've missed it, I'm sure, but where is Valentine's company based at?

But, didn't I say in the very beginning of all this EM.TV garbage that this would happen? Why, oh, WHY did the Henson children do this thing? To get back into creativity as they said, or did they see "$$" in their eyes?

GOOD GREIF!!

Luke

Reaction score
Valentine's American based, and he used to be head of one of Disney's divisions .... it may have been movies or animation, not sure. It isn't really a company, he just left UPN with a big payoff and will be based with his associates at Henson apparently so Disney has no interests in it so far although who knows what deals may happen in the future. I think this will all go through though - once the execs start making public statements it's usually rock solid. EMTV actually aren't that bad, i've experienced them first hand and i'm happy to say that - they made a great start with the Muppets, and have done wonderful things for Henson's other international projects. When the tide turned and there were financial problems in both companies (EMTV and JHC) they had to start doing drastic things like streamlining the company and liquidating assets - their backs were pretty much against the wall and they did what any other company would have done. Actually JHC haven't been that displeased with them at times - especially as they were based in Germany and it took em a long time to work out how to make big decisions from far away.

People (everybody) really need to lay off EMTV until they know the facts - this site just lives from press release to press release - it isn't an accurate indication as to whats really gone on or is going on as those with any knowledge of whats happening day to day don't seem to discuss it, maybe because a lot of blame would actually be cast in Henson's direction and not EMTV's. To be honest - it's like a pantomime here sometimes (i mean even more than usual) - because there is a lack of information people have jumped on who they assume is the bad guy.

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
well, i hope that this valentine guy is not just all talk and really wants to put the muppets back on the map of entertaining millions of people.

ryan