EM.TV calls off sale of Muppets to Dean Valentine

Drtooth

Reaction score
Originally posted by Fozzie Bear
Brian Henson. If not, I'll say he did (just so I can have someone to smack in the back of the head with my rubber chicken)!

Okay, to be honest: I met Brian at MFest and he's a really COOL and very NICE guy.

Still...

*...swings rubber chicken around in air and looks under rocks for some Brian to smack...*
I know how you feel! I mean, he's a nice guy and all, he's got a cool site, but I want to smack scarecroe with a rubber chicken for that last remark.:mad: :crazy: :attitude:

Anyway, Classic Medai sounds like a bad idea. They'll retire the Muppets and just rerelaes old DVD's and make a bobbing head. Oy gavolt!

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I'm tired of this too. I'm really thinking that Disney needs to buy them now. I mean, it'll eventually happen. I know Disney will make some cringeworthy choices, but who's to say that anyone else would do that much better. The Henson marketing dept hasn't been too sharp recently. I'm ready for the best promoters in the biz to put their skills to use with the Muppet camp. Heck, this could help Eisner save some face. :concern:

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Originally posted by Fozzie Bear

*...swings rubber chicken around in air and looks under rocks for some Brian to smack...*
I have a friend named Brian you can smack with that chicken. It'd actually be a whole lot more enjoyable to smack him.

scarecroe

Reaction score
Originally posted by Drtooth
I know how you feel! I mean, he's a nice guy and all, he's got a cool site, but I want to smack scarecroe with a rubber chicken for that last remark.:mad: :attitude:
Relax fella, don't make me unleash Animal on you :halo:

As for placing blame on who sold Henson to EM, it's a little late for that don't you think? Sure I'm getting tired of this whole drama too, but pis.ing and moaning about it only raises your blood pressure.

Find your zen, smoke some leaves, buy a cat, whatever works for you :sleep: :cool:

sidcrowe

Reaction score
Froggy's right.

I want Disney now, too.

At first, I was hoping for another big American company that wasn't as corny as Disney, which would give the Muppets a clean slate and a SHOT at being great performers who just happen to be puppets and just happen to be loved by all. Meaning, that they wouldn't be turned into PRODUCT like the Olsen Twins Empire of crap :stick_out_tongue:

But if they're gonna continue to be run into the ground by the Germans who cooked thier books, and falling into harm's way from people like the schmuck who wrote the books ruining magic acts, or this Valentine fiasco...all a bunch of---to quote Freddie Mercury---"killjoy, bad guy, big talking, small fry," (from a Night at the Opera or Day at the Races, and make that, in this case--small "FRIES") then I'd rather have Disney TAKE THEM NOW, than to have EMTV grow more desperate, and end up selling them to another consordium of greasy, boneheaded clowns who'll exploit our beloved characters for a while, then throw them into the street :frown:

Come on, Disney, take the Muppets NOW :grouchy:

"You're all clear kid,"
Han Solo, 1977 :smirk:

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
Originally posted by scarecroe

Find your zen,
i already took my little zen garden and threw the sand everywhere!

Sarah

sidcrowe

Reaction score
Smoke some leaves?

I burned down my neighbour's trees. Is that good enough:big_grin:

JamieDenny

Reaction score
wow bet ya didnt see this coming

I hate to say this but even the Dismal company is better than all this rubbish.
Brian if you read this congratulations on consumatley messing up the empire that your father created. anything that might, at one time have been salvaged is no longer saveable.
I hope the $680 million dollars was worth it because you have in essence buried the Muppets, no one will touch them with a bargepole but hey you got some greenbacks so who cares right??
I'm sure you're a nice guy, many people who have met you say you are and I still buy that, but you had a JP Grosse moment, money before artistry.
Fine....Thanks a bunch
Jamie

scarecroe

Reaction score
I WANT MUPPETS as Disney,Do you?, Mickey & Kermit wants them to!

Bean Bunny

Reaction score
Don't count on Disney buying the Muppets.
Disney is in deep finacil difficultly right with Miramax yelling about how they want more profits and so on. A majority of these problems deal with the potential War On Iraq.

If Disney did buy the Muppet, I am sure that Eisner could put a positive spin on the company about showing shareholder that he is able to bring Disney and Henson togther.