Elmo's Rainbow and Other Springtime Stories

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Well I bought the Elmo's Rainbow and Other Springtime Stories DVD that came out today. It is my first purchase of a Sesame Street DVD compiling post-2002 street stories, and my first purchase of a Warner-released Sesame Street DVD (actually, my second; I got the Follow That Bird DVD last year), and it's not too different from previous Sesame Street DVDs from Sony Wonder and Genius. It includes the international Sesame Street promo seen on Sesame Street DVDs since 2004 (or earlier?), and it does have a promo for Elmo's World: Faces, but it doens't contain any promos for any non-Sesame Street DVDs from Warner Home Video (there are a few more Sesame Street DVD previews that can be viewed as a "special feature").

The release does include a handful of inserts in addition tot eh street scenes, though most are pretty forgettable. The DVD ends with the "Guess the Seasons Song", which had previously been released on the 40th anniversary set. But you know, as I had watched it I sort of predicted this would be included (I would have rather seen I'll Love You in the Springtime instead).

Of course the real highlight is the bonus "Cookie Bunny" segment. Of course it's the same as we've all seen before. Nothing is edited. It's presented without fade-ins/fade-outs (not sure if that would count as an edit or not). It is good to have a physical copy of this, without the sesamestreet.org logo, and I had hoped this would have been on the 40th anniversary DVD.

I bought my copy at Target. If you buy at Target the DVD also includes a bonus CD, featurign five classic Sesame Street songs: Elmo's Song, The Honker-Duckie-Dinger Jambouree, Sesame Street Theme (why on earth is this in the middle of the CD?), ABC-DEF-GHI, and Put Down the Duckie.

I may be wrong, but I think this is also the first time a Sesame Street DVD gave a copyright credit for "The Muppets Studio" as opposed to "The Muppets Holding Company". The copyright credit is a bit odd, though.. It just shows the copyright symbol, 2010, and "The Muppets Studio, LLC", as if it's one of the copyrighted holders. It doesn't say that the term Muppet is a trademark of that company.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
You know, I gave the use of only one classic bonus clip some slack because I didn't think there really were any segments about spring, but then I found this clip: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uwpVBZQTUNU

Man, it's a shame that the "Spring is Here" song wasn't included.